1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Audio and Realtime Time-Stretching in Maschine

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Florian G @ NI, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Tomess

Tomess NI Product Owner

It really is time to bring the sampler to the next level. But i will be patient. If priorities are in another sector so be it. Just don't mess it up and fix bugs that are in the code for ages. I'm still on 2.4 becaude of these. If you use Maschine in a live enviroment in front of 1000+ paying guests, you really need a reliable setup. No time for games.

• Like Like x 1
  2. motionscreen

motionscreen NI Product Owner

I like the announcement.
    Wouldn´t it be easy to implement a freeze function alongside? It could be something that converts a Group track into an Audio track. And with the possibility for time stretching it would be really cool!
    To me (as I do mostly instrumental stuff) this would be the greatest advancement here.
    And a freeze function is so basic and essential for something claiming to be the future of the sequencer. No DAW can be without it and as I use Reaktor or UHE plugins it is needed every day.

• Like Like x 1
  3. toneyrome

toneyrome NI Product Owner

Very cool. I don't use the sampler much. I sample into an audio editor and drag the samples into maschine. I will def give this a try.

4. demoniqus

demoniqus NI Product Owner

If the dev's could bring some momentum to these dead threads i'd be very pleased.. Now it's back to the old boring.

• Like Like x 2
  5. SupremeSoulstice

SupremeSoulstice NI Product Owner

Real talk

6. toneyrome

toneyrome NI Product Owner

They put us on mute.

7. Daschine

Daschine NI Product Owner

Yes, I really need thoose audiotracks and MPC lauch is comming soon. Hope they soon have some info about progress :)

8. demoniqus

demoniqus NI Product Owner

¨
    Yeah.. it sounded like they wanted to play ball.. but, apparently they forgot the ball in the locker.. A small hint could go along way to keep interrest
    a public BETA would be cool
    You know...
    Maschine needs audio tracks!! Opening it up in a DAW is a huge bummer for everybody

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Daschine, Oct 12, 2013

4 years.. I can easily imagine you to have a longer beard than gandalf by now :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

imho the time stretching algorithm has been applied to the development process.

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. QueMusiQ

QueMusiQ NI Product Owner

Wait, I just noticed something. You are proposing to have "real timestretching" but in a new feature that I can't recall anyone really asking for, instead of just in the sampler where everyone has been asking for it for six years?

I'm confused. Why audioloops? That sounds more like a linear DAW feature, which this is not. Is this in the interest of transitioning into another ableton-type program a la bitwig instead of improving the production program NI championed with Maschine in the first place?

Or, will you eventually split maschine into two separate products: Industry leading groove box/controller, and a new game changing linear DAW that is developed with seamless integration of maschine and komplete and maybe even some dsp on an interface in mind? That way, each facet can develop without restraint and work seemlessly together (as a StudioOne user, I'd gladly switch to an NI DAW with my maschine and komplete in mind).

11. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Both sampler and loop-oriented timestretching have been requested for a long, long, long time and many users do use or want to use audio loops directly in Maschine without having to worry about their tempos.

However, I still say that realtime timestretch and pitchshift in the sampler directly could cover both bases (i.e., a special audio loop sampler mode), while separate audio tracks cover only the loops.

Frankly, I just don't understand why the existing functionality and architecture isn't being developed/improved instead of bolting on new features.

12. AntonA1

AntonA1 NI Product Owner

That may be due to development and programming challenges (already hinted at by Florian) regarding compatibility between the original paradigm of Maschine and where portions of the user base want it to go...just a thought...

13. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Really glad they "rewrote it from the ground up" for Maschine 2 to be more flexible then!

• Funny Funny x 7
  14. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Yeah that was also my thought as Florian wrote it is hard to implement the keep output state when loading a sound thing

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

15. Tomess

Tomess NI Product Owner

All that wishy washy marketing talk drives me nuts. All that promisses that have been made are (once again) false, or the strategic direction of maschine as a product changed in the meantime again.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Olihop

Olihop NI Product Owner

The question may have already been asked but what algorithm will be used for pitch-shift and time-stretching? Time machine pro like on kontakt?

17. AntonA1

AntonA1 NI Product Owner

Agreed...to be fair, it's a bit of a double edged sword for them. They have to hype their products but risk under-delivering due to expectations and hype.

• Like Like x 2
  18. daslicht

daslicht NI Product Owner

The whole AudioTrack, freeze feature is nice , but one major feature is missing:
    Plugin Delay Compensation

• Like Like x 2
  19. luneytunes

luneytunes NI Product Owner

What happened to

"
    Good news bros, I heard from someone that they are preparing in parallel something huge called Maschine Touch. It will be a multipoint touch surface w/ colour screen to control real time stretching with 3 fingers for super unique dj effects.
    Of course it'll be fully compatible to control the mouse or any midi CC controls. And Maschine software will be offered with it.

Can't wait for it to be released."

Posted hours ago?

20. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

I saw that too and wondered the same thing.

My guess is a) the poster decided against such speculation and deleted it, b) NI/mods removed it because it's true, close to true, or they didn't want that kind of speculation, or c) the poster is playing us all for fools by posting speculation that some will see only to delete it and make us speculate about it even more...

o_O:rolleyes::eek::confused::p