Audio dropout and Latency Lag problem!

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO 2.7.5 Public Beta Test' started by ReeceDuncan, Apr 4, 2015.

1. ReeceDuncan

ReeceDuncan Member

This issue has been present now for a while and is still happening with this Beta! An intermittent issue where you could have 2 hours of rock solid playback, then a 1-3 second audio dropout and glitch which is followed by a huge latency lag. This happens wether using Timecode or HID. If you re-adjust the latency in preferences then all returns to normal, only for it to potentially happen again later on!I believe it's not a software issue as Serato have also had this problem, but they have implemented a workaround to deal with it: https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us...atency-with-DVS-hardware-on-Mac-OSX-10-9Would be fine if only doing short sets or as a hobbyist, however as a full time jock playing between 3 & 7 nights a week 4-7 hour sets, this is really awkward!Setup: 15" Retina Macbook Pro - 16gb Ram etc.DJM 900 Nexus or Audio 10 interface (happens with either).2 x Kontrol x1mk2
    CDJ2000 nexus in HID or Technics 1210's
    Oyaide Neo D cables

Pleeeease sort this!

2. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

Are you able to check in the "Console" application, highlight "All Messages" on the left, then search for "IOAudioStream" and see if this is the time that you had audio pause/stutters.

I've had this issue with DJM850, DJM900NXS and TA6, across versions 2.6.8, 2.7.1, 2.7.3, 2.7.4 and across 2 different MacBook Airs (1 of them USB2, the other USB3).

The only other constant was Mavericks and my USB hub. I've just changed my USB hub to a D-Link DUB-H7 (using PSU), and tried an RME sound card which seemed to solve the issue (2 gigs over 4 hours each no issues), and so this Friday just gone I went back to the DJM850 instead of the RME and no issues in 2.5 hour set. I will be trying out 2.7.5 this Friday with the DJM850 and so I'll report back (should be 4+ hour set).

So if I can get it stable then it might have been the USB hub, if not then I'm considering rolling my OS back to Mountain Lion (I have 10.8.5 installer on a USB stick), or moving up to Yosemite.

3. ReeceDuncan

ReeceDuncan Member

I shall note the time and check the console next time it happens! Currently using Yosemite with 2.7.3 (and this beta) and have been getting the issue for a few versions! Also using a D-Link DUB-H7 with PSU.Has happened twice this weekend, however, performed faultlessly last night for 5 hours, REALLY annoying!

4. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

No issues at my gig last nite, updated to 2.7.5 and it was rock solid for 4 hours.

Was using DJM850 as soundcard, 1 x CDJ2000, 1 x XDJ1000 and 1 x X1mk2.

It would be great to know why or what causes this issue. 2 gigs next weekend, 4 hours and 5 hours so I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed!

5. ReeceDuncan

ReeceDuncan Member

So this has happened again twice this week! It happened again during last night / this mornings set! This is the message that was displayed in console from around the time it happened!

18/04/2015 01:04:43.000 kernel[0]: IOAudioStream[0xffffff805100d000]::clipIfNecessary() - Error: counted 1 clip more than one buffer ahead errors.

• Like Like x 1
  6. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

On my way to my Sat night gig, no issues last night in 4 hours ... will post after gig :)

7. ReeceDuncan

ReeceDuncan Member

I've had 2 gigs this week which were absolutely fine for 4-5 hours, then 2 where i had the problem occur, one in front of nearly 2000 people! This is driving me mad now!

8. DJ Tomixxx

DJ Tomixxx New Member

9. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

10. DJ Tomixxx

DJ Tomixxx New Member

I totally agree to continue the discussion in the Technical Difficulties forum.

Yes, I do have a ticket number.

Conversation between NI and me has started in January 2015. The support guy is very nice and is willing to help. Unfortunately, this issue seems to affect a minority of Traktor users. So I am not sure how to increase the pressure on NI.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  11. Macx

Macx New Member

Same Issue Here! Contacted Support around christmas because of this Issue, but the are/ were not able to find a solution. Had another Issue in which the audio drops completely after loading a track and there was no waveform loaded. Support told me to switch back to 2.6.8 because the 2.7.x releases are very buggy.

12. ReeceDuncan

ReeceDuncan Member

So despite a couple of weeks of smooth running, the issue is back with a vengeance. I've even done a HD wipe and fresh OS install.
    I'm playing between 4 & 7 nights a week to thousands of people, this is simply becoming unusable now! Latest versions of everything, all running fine except this! Serato seem to have fixed the issue and sent out an update a couple of months ago which solves it, Please NI, sort this out!

13. mastermc

mastermc NI Product Owner

we are no londer in beta so why isn't this forum closed ?

14. MikaelByström

MikaelByström NI Product Owner

Please note that Serato DJ 1.7.2, which is mentioned in this support article. was released last year. Current version is 1.7.8. The important aspect is perhaps that Serato seems to have found a workaround. I have little hope for NI. I tried to get help from them over issues like this 2 years ago with NI hardware and they just blamed everyone else including Apple. That may have been right, but doesn't help users. How hard it can it be to cooperate?

15. DJ KiLLy

DJ KiLLy New Member

any fixes? .. same **** on el cap with new pioneer djm drivers, traktor 2.10 =/ ..

16. MikaelByström

I'm going to try 2.6.8 on El Capitan. Report will follow. Now, where are my installer?

17. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

18. MikaelByström

19. djaytek

djaytek NI Product Owner

same issue here, to follow up.