Audio interface options for Traktor Scratch Pro with 4 stereo channels?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR Audio Interfaces' started by zenluiz, Dec 21, 2017.

1. zenluiz

zenluiz NI Product Owner

Hi,

It seems that no other audio interface than Audio 6 is available for purchase anymore. I mean, an interface that supports timecode and also TRUE FOUR DECKS (not the wrong information NI puts in the Audio 6 landing page), with 4 stereo outs.
    I own Audio 8, which I use in two different sittuations, deppending on the type of gig I'm gonna play in:
    • 2 decks CDJ timecode
    • 4 decks (3 track decks) + Maschine running on the 4th channel.
    Since it's becoming really hard to both continue with Audio 8 and at the same time keep other NI products updated, like Maschine 2.6+ (which requires newest versions of macOS), I am looking for a better option.

Any options out there, NI?

2. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

All the Scratch certified audio interfaces are listed here.

3. zenluiz

zenluiz NI Product Owner

Yep, I know that list. And that means, from that list, there is no audio interface (I dont want to carry a mixer or a huge controller around) that is available for purchase that can handle 4 decks and also timecode.

Again, we are with no options whatsoever.
    Is NI dropping interest on the more professional DJ users?
    Is it like that: if you managed to buy the last Audio 10 on the stock, you are lucky. If not, then sorry?

4. Dj mk5

Dj mk5 New Member

have the same problem than you...
    was running on audio 8 until my Mac passed away. got a new one but audio 8 won't work and seems that no solution exists for 4 deck player.
    do audio 10 sound cards will be release again ?

5. szbierski

szbierski New Member

Are You sure Your Audio8DJ will not work with new MacOS? My Audio4DJ is working on macOS HighSierra 10.13.2 with latest Audio4DJ drivers.
    I'm using MacBook Air Early 2015. I know the statement from NI but i saw my Tractor Scratch Duo Box and there was CoreAudio logo so i decided to make a try, and looks is working fine.
    Cheers
    Seb

6. moostapha

moostapha New Member

You're not left with no options.

You can use CDJs in HID mode. In many ways, it works better than timecode.

I'm with you that I think it's absolutely ridiculous that they dropped the A10mk2. At this point, the only sound card that does what you seem to want is the SL4. But, it doesn't work with Traktor Scratch. It does work with Rekordbox DVS, though. If I were using DVS, I'd probably be moving that direction unless NI comes out with an A10mk3 or mk2 reissue soon.

• Like Like x 2
  7. zenluiz

zenluiz NI Product Owner

Yes, that's an option, but it makes me dependent of the club CDJs model. I believe not all CDJs are HID ready, right?

I`d love to see an MK3 interface coming out :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. zenluiz

zenluiz NI Product Owner

It does actually work in Sierra (didn`t test in High Sierra yet), but the thing is... would you TRUST it using in front of hundreads of people, risking it freeze or start dropping audio, etc? I wouldn't and experience says that we shouldn't.
    I mean, testing at home, for some hours, at a controlled environment, is something. But when playing live, in hard conditions of power supply, interferences, etc, it`s too risky to use unsuported/untested hardware/software.
    I am considering going from Yosemite to El Capitain, so that Audio 8 is still compatible/supported and it`s the minimum OS requirement for the newest Maschine updates and other pieces of software (like Ableton Live 10, for instance).

9. Dj mk5

Dj mk5 New Member

no solution for me at all ;'(
    new Macboock on high sierra, impossible to downgrade because new tech.
    - AUDIO 8 not working even with every plugin possible to find on the net (and I tried a lot haha). not detected.
    - traktor scratch pro 1 not working.

my only solution is to go for an AUDIO 10, which seems not to be produced anymore...

is there any info anywhere about the future of Native Instruments making new sound cards designed for musicians with at least 4 different channels ?
    from what I see, NI is abandoning a part of his professional clients that need quality gears to new products to play from smartphones on MP3 ^^
    been a sound engineer for 15 years, a DJ for 24 years, first time I see sound or music professionals going for MP3 haha !
    I do understand that NI is a company and it tries to make profit, but if they do profit from making useless materials or for amateur use, why are they bloody dropping what professional expect ???
    are they trying to make us switch to one of their concurrent ?
    I give myself this year, because I've been a NI client for almost ten years now and this is my very first disappointment with them. (hard one though ... I can't perform anymore except from playing my old vinyls ...). but after that they lose a client (another one I guess by the feedbacks I have from Dj's or professionals)

thx

Ps : if you're NI staff don't bother answering, just go make us musician gear and not smartphones nonsense ^^
    I do listen to MP3, like in my car cause their is no studio sound system ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Finlay C

Finlay C NI Product Owner

I'm looking for a backup to my audio 10 as it's not in the best condition, and I'm a bit worried it'll fail on me! Currently looking at the second hand ones, but not sure if this is a great idea.

Wondered if anyone had any recommendations for alternatives that run Traktor. Not looking to jump ship to Serato or Rekordbox at the moment.

Also, some of the venues I play at don't have reliable mixers, so I can't use the sound card in that, and I don't want to run CDJs in aggregated mode either for the same reason that they don't always have ones that can do this.

Just looking for an audio 10 replacement. Anyone got any advice? Thanks! :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. zenluiz

zenluiz NI Product Owner

Yeah, that's the kind of worries I also have...

• Like Like x 1