Audio scrubbing playback in 2.4.7

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by m-chop, Sep 15, 2016.

1. m-chop

m-chop NI Product Owner

I don't remember it being so choppy when scrubbing through audio. i don't think it's just me, it's something I noticed instantly. Usually when you have a routine you notice when the littlest thing is a bit off

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

2.4.7?
    Maschine on latest firmware?
    OS?
    Full steps to repro?

Cheers..

• Like Like x 1
  3. m-chop

m-chop NI Product Owner

Thanks for the reply ... I think everything is updated but I will look into it again. But yeah, it's the first thing I notice when scrubbing through the audio

4. dick_bagel

dick_bagel Active Member

Same problem here. I also had a problem with encoder one jumping all over the place so I sprayed some radio shack brand cleaner lubricant up in there and now it's working fine. But yeah I still have the same problem scrubbing like you. It is choppy

• Like Like x 1
  5. m-chop

m-chop NI Product Owner

Cool, alright ... it's not just me then

6. CakeAlexS

7. Wun Lung

Wun Lung Guest

Same here on scrubbing but haven't noticed any encoders jumping around.
    Windows 7 64bit,i5 4590 ,16 gig ram,Samsung SSD
    Maschine Studio ,Latest driver,latest firmware
    Seems to happen more on large wav files for me but i'm still in the process of testing

8. CakeAlexS

Ah win 7. If you run windows update several times making sure everything is up to date, and install Samsung magician, updating SSD firmware and optimising windows for drive does it make a difference?

What's your audio interface? On latest drivers/firmware?

Still need answers from m-chop.

Ta

9. dick_bagel

dick_bagel Active Member

The encoders jump around due to dirt and grime getting into them There is another thread if you search for it that explains you need to spray a cleaning contact solution in there. Deoxit or a similar product will work. If fixed mine right up

10. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

I had a new unit that had encoders that jumped

11. Bertotti

Bertotti NI Product Owner

I saw my encoders jump once but I tend to blame that on the rum.

• Like Like x 1
  12. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

From the vid this seems less about jumpy encoders and more about the responsiveness of the playback when the sample start is being altered during sample trigger. Question, is this in the sampling edit menu when adjusting start? If so, I can confirm the issue here. Will have to compare to 2.4.6 to see if this is new.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  13. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

Not able to reproduce in 2.4.6. Created bug report.

• Like Like x 2
  14. m-chop

m-chop NI Product Owner

Yeah it's an issue adjusting the sample start while triggering the pad, before it would always play without any glitch or choppyness

15. Wun Lung

Wun Lung Guest

Thanks for the response

Quickest way to answer your questions is everything is up to date. Was optimised before i installed 2.47
    Komplete audio 6 is the audio interface im currently using with latest firmware driver etc ,have also tested using as S4 output with latest firmware/driver.
    Can also confirm its related to sample start points whilst triggering with a pad and that it doesnt happen if you revert back to the previous version.

16. CakeAlexS

Thanks for that. If m-chop bothers to answer we could compare notes.

• Like Like x 1
  17. hallwayyy

hallwayyy New Member

I created an account here to post about the odd change in the Edit tab in the Sampler, because it's driving me nuts, and I'm also experiencing what's in the video. They've changed the playback in the editor so that the audio stops whenever the start/end cursor passes over the current point of playback.

Before the update, you could load a song/sample source on a pad and play it, adjust the Start or end anywhere and the audio would still play until you hit the pad again or Shift+mute. Now, after this update if you press the pad to play the sound and then move the Start point past the playback head it cuts the audio out completely. It's making it harder to browse through a sample/song and I can't for the life of me figure why they would change this.

• Like Like x 3
  18. CakeAlexS

Are you experiencing the same issue as the OP? If not off topic please create a new thread thx.

19. hallwayyy

hallwayyy New Member

I have a feeling the OP is experiencing the same problem, or they're at least related. While there does seem to be extra lag as well, the audio is cutting out because the start point is hitting the playback cursor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. m-chop

m-chop NI Product Owner

Yeah this is how it used to be

• Like Like x 1