1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Automation & Recording from external controllers

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by NTRLX, Jun 6, 2018.

1. NTRLX

NTRLX NI Product Owner

Allow recording automation from external controllers other than Maschine.

Basically if you can midi learn, allow recording automation.

• Like Like x 4
  2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

+1 for this feature.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  3. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion NI Product Owner

+1, please!

4. Andres Rocasalvo

Andres Rocasalvo New Member

5. thesheep

thesheep New Member

6. The Sideshow

The Sideshow New Member

7. SlepTone

SlepTone New Member

There should be a software switch parameter enabling automation recording for all variations in (compatible) parameters, globally.

I think it is a very important feature as it would improve the expressity allowed by the Maschine software.
    For instance, even with a NI controller such as Komplete Kontrol MK1 S25 currently it is not possible to record automation (lossing lots of potential expressity !).

Why is it not in software the priorities ? I see this feature as a great musicality enhancer. Lot of potential currently blocked... because a global automation recording switch would also enable to record parameters from VST ! Here are some more use cases:

- I want to use midi with XY Pads (there is not such a thing in NI ecosystem afaik, apart inside ios's iMaschine and ironically it's reduced and limited version of the software !). SO XY Pads are only interesting to record there movement with curves, else they have no advantages over knobs. Currently not possible...

- I want to use an EQ working with curves (afaik NI only provides EQ working with knobs...), currently not possible !

I own a Maschine MK2, Maschine Jam and KK S25M1, and I want to produce everything I do in the Maschine software. When I move the parameters in one controller, the other does not reflect the setting change on the display. If you can improve automation with a global automation recording switch, maybe that would fix it.

Please make it sticky. Maschine software would become a much more powerful/interesting DAW IMO.

8. Dennis Cornell

Dennis Cornell New Member

+1
    Been a Maschine Mikro user for a little over a year and while using external midi cc controllers for live performance is fun, I mainly use the software for songwriting and recording. I think the flexibility of recording the cc automation would be a big help to the creative process.