B4: Empty cells do not blink on notes anymore

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by lanfear, Apr 29, 2013.

1. lanfear

lanfear Forum Member

In Battery 3, empty cells blink when they receive notes. This is removed in B4, making it very hard to find where you are on the keyboard compared to your samples.

Please bring it back in an update!

2. UltimateOutsider

UltimateOutsider NI Product Owner

Ooh good catch. That's definitely something that's helped me when building kits on B3. I still haven't really migrated to using B4 yet. This might be a reason to hold tight, considering B3's still meeting my needs.

3. lanfear

lanfear Forum Member

Yes, B4 is really cool but there are a lot of small weird GUI & usability issues like this in B4 that disrupt my workflow.

4. UltimateOutsider

UltimateOutsider NI Product Owner

Just following up to confirm that I experienced this behavior over the weekend and didn't find a way to get the empty pads to light up like they do on B3. I'm going to submit a support ticket for kicks.

5. deftbonz

deftbonz New Member

Count me in for that feature :)

6. tubeaudiogear

tubeaudiogear NI Product Owner

+1

7. Tangent DJ

Tangent DJ NI Product Owner

+1 wanted to switch from Battery 4 tried groove agent 4, geist nothing compares to it so sticking with it hoping for some improvements in playback engine and workflow. This is a big one why this is not included is just plane crazy. every sampler on earth I think plays an indicator to see what note is being triggered. Battery 4 team at NI needs to up it's game...

8. lanfear

lanfear Forum Member

Can anyone report if this has been fixed in the latest Battery 4.1.5? o_O

(I consider it a bug that B4 is missing this and other essential B3 features...)

9. tubeaudiogear

tubeaudiogear NI Product Owner

10. sikdrumz

sikdrumz New Member