1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

backwards engineering

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by sluggo, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sluggo

sluggo NI Product Owner

Hello,

I'm waiting for my RS -> R5 upgrade, and I was thinking one nice way to learn R5 is to try some backwards engineering of existing ensembles. Is it possible to go through ensembles and see/learn how it was made, or are the ensembles protected somehow? Are there copyright issues with copying designs that other people have made? What about re-doing the R5 library ensembles... for example I would very much like to try and re-do Carbon because it has a particular sound that I very much like, and I'd like to work on a synth that I know I will want to use for my own music productions. If I could create variations of Carbon, that would be great (I think).

thanks

2. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

it is possible to go through most ensembles and see/learn how it is made. some ensembles (like beatslicer2) seem to have "locked macros". in some ways some of the old user library .ens are easier to understand. someone like martin brinkmann is a good person to study.

you can redo all R3 R4 and R5 library ensembles and user library
    .ens. however if you do that to Electronic Ins. Vol 1 and 2, you are breaking the licensing agreement.

so doing variations of carbon for your own use is absolutely fine.

sowrari

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.