Banking... worthy as a feature request?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by MouthOfSaturn, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MouthOfSaturn

MouthOfSaturn Forum Member

I was messing around with Maschine, granted I had an excessive amount of drums and instruments loaded, but I sort of felt the need to use more pads. I know 16 pads is more than enough for most applications, but I was wondering if there is a way to load more than 16 samples on a single group and be able to bank back and forth between pad-sets. You think NI would do something like this as an update? Again, this isnt an official request or anything, no need to flame or tell me its a dumb idea, Im just starting a conversation and hopefully we may inspire the NI developers to further enhance an already amazing product.

2. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Welcome =)

Your limit's 16 pads per group. As far as more samples go, you can always get sneaky and velocity layer them, and offset the volume.

Will extended groups come with an update? Highly unlikely.

ew

3. MouthOfSaturn

Interesting, why do you think its unlikely? I trust your judgment, Im just curious. It seems like groups and pads are artificially limited, again no big deal, just curious.

4. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

A lot of it's load related. With multiple groups running extended layouts, you'd see lots more CPU issues than people are seeing now. Plus, an empty Maschine would taking more RAM; it would have to allocate more RAM whether it was needed or not to provide for the extended groups.

Just use multiple groups instead.

ew

5. MouthOfSaturn

Sounds like a good enough reason ;) thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.