Solved Basic Reaktor Sequencer Help

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by PxBartonx, Sep 7, 2020.

1. PxBartonx

PxBartonx New Member

A newbie-ish Reaktor user, I've used some older modular synth software but am having some difficulties with Reaktor. I've read a few hundred pages of the official documentation (for Reaktor 5 and 6). Note: this is NOT a BLOCKS issue, I know the sequencers in blocks are good for starting out, but I am trying to build some stuff in Primary. Ive watched Kadenze and ADSR tutorials, but the free ones only take you up to a point and then leave you hanging, naturally. So, Ive used the factory 8 step and 16 step sequencers, and in both cases, I cant figure out how to control the gate times for each step. I'm fine with every step having the same gate time, I just want to be able to control it, or have an envelope modulating the volume at each step. Those built in sequencer macros have the step controls on the left but those are what I was using to change pitch (I want to modulate volume, not pitch) Now both sequencers have for outputs "out" (which I send to Pitch input of, say, the 'OSC Sync' oscillator macro from the Library), but I've tried using an envelope in every possible place to control the ADSR at each step and it won't work. What does the "Gate" out on those Primary sequencer modules even do? When I disconnect the Pitch the notes stop cycling and all I hear is a quiet pulsing (from the Gate). When I disconnect the Gate, but leave the Pitch from the sequencer connected, I still hear the notes cycling, even though the Gate is disconnected! Its like the Gate on those built in sequencers has nothing to do with the steps playing the notes. To recap: I just want to make a basic analog style 16-step sequencer where I can control the gate length for the notes, and maybe even have an AR or ADSR for the notes also. Thanks for reading all of this!

2. PxBartonx

PxBartonx New Member

I figured it out...not quite perfect, but I think I would have to build sequencers from scratch for the kind of gate control I want (and learn more about gates, triggers and clocks as well).

• Like Like x 1