1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Battery 4 - bring back the overlay envelope view

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by J.R., Apr 18, 2013.

1. J.R.

J.R. NI Product Owner

- In B3 the envelopes (pitch&volume) overlay the waveform, so you see exactly how it will affect the sample.
    - In B4 it's the waveform OR the envelope (when you touch them).

This was so much better in B3, for me none of the new enhancements in B4 are worth to lose this overlay view. I will continue to use B3 until this is enhanced in B4. So please bring it back in Battery4.

See also here:

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191394

2. djjedidiah

djjedidiah New Member

+1

• Like Like x 1
  3. lanfear

lanfear Forum Member

Agreed, and please:

1) Make the envelopes drag and drop with nodes! :)
    2) Add a panning envelope

Use the computer interface that we have, don't lock yourself to replicas of hardware knobs...

4. JAHROME

JAHROME NI Product Owner

+1
    This is among my most favorite Battery features. I am confused why this one was left out of Battery 4.

5. Ruari

Ruari NI Product Owner

+1

It's a bit awkward the way it's been implemented in B4, was much better in B3
    Exactly

6. tb2496

tb2496 New Member

7. dickie001x

dickie001x NI Product Owner

8. audiosync

audiosync New Member

I didn’t know that this had already existed and wanted to ask for such a feature because I am a new Battery user with version 4.
    It’s always cool to see the waveform in background of envelopes – why has it been removed?

9. UltimateOutsider

UltimateOutsider NI Product Owner

Also, please bring back in-kit preview and the ability to see which cells are receiving MIDI even if they don't have samples loaded in them yet.

B3 4EVER.

10. ekd

ekd NI Product Owner

This is absurd - there is no earthly reason to change from the old implementation to the new one. We go from visualizing the exact chunk of audio to be played to seeing the abstract concept of an envelope illustrated for us as if we didn't know what one looked like, but with no point of reference for the sample we're triggering. Please, please, bring back the old option!

11. djpatb

djpatb New Member

+1000

Why is this removed... really can't believe this. I understand some things are hard to implement and everybody has their own wishes about new features... But this was working nicely in Battery 3. Why do you remove it?

Plus, it would be very nice to load envelope presets. Now everytime I have to click & turn the nobs to get the same envelope i use... This was also a feature in 3...

12. djdsk

djdsk Forum Member

13. tubeaudiogear

tubeaudiogear NI Product Owner

i agree with everything is said, please NI developers bring back the overlay envelope view.

14. mindnoise

mindnoise NI Product Owner

+1 to envelope overlay

15. Tangent DJ

Tangent DJ NI Product Owner

16. O-N

O-N New Member

+1 - Bring it back please!

17. lanfear

lanfear Forum Member

Does anyone know, is this great B3 feature is also still missing in the latest Battery v4.1.5?

18. JAHROME

JAHROME NI Product Owner

Still missing. As soon as you mouse overVolume Envelope knob, the waveform disappears. NI...smh. They just didn't know what they had.

19. tubeaudiogear

tubeaudiogear NI Product Owner

I don't think that was meant to be a feature (in Battery 4), probably they had a technical problem or it was too difficult to implement in the new GUI, so they just decided to get rid of it, I can't find another explanation for that.

20. JAHROME

JAHROME NI Product Owner

They should have just kept the old GUI. I use Battery 4 in the same way I used Battery 3.