Battery 4 Kits Missing

Discussion in 'BATTERY' started by Paul Leslie, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Paul Leslie

Paul Leslie New Member

After updating from Komplete 9 to 13, I have noticed that some Maschine Expansion Battery kits are now missing from my library.

The packs missing are: Crate Cuts, DJ Khalil, Decoded Forms, Deep Matter, Faded Reels, Ignition Codes, Indigo Dust, London Grit, Sasha and Timeless Glow. I get the error 'battery 4_info.nkx missing' when I try to locate the folders within the preferences panel.

I have attached all screenshots of the problem and my library here:

Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 00.50.37.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 00.51.04.png Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 00.58.14.png Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 00.59.25.png Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 00.59.16.png Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 00.59.05.png Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 00.58.49.png
    This has only happened since I upgraded Komplete, the kits read fine on the Maschine plugin.

I have reinstalled Battery 4, rescanned the library in standalone mode, restarted my computer, deleted from trash, all the standard advice given - but all with the same error. There are posts online with this same problem but no one seems to have solved it or posted the answer to the fix. Please see attached my screenshot.

Hopefully someone can advise me of a fix!

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. don2

don2 New Member

Did you find a fix for this as I'm experiencing the same issue?

3. Jeremy @ NI

Jeremy @ NI Support Team NI Team

Hey Paul,
    You shouldn't need to locate these files, it seems they are already in your preferences anyway. How do you see they are missing ? If you look for them following these steps, you can't find them ?
    How To Load an Expansion Kit / Sample in BATTERY 4
    What is the format of your external hard drive, it should be MacOS extended or APFS, if not, this is where the issue is coming from. Then you need to re-format the drive using your Disk Utility : Notes on Hard Drive Formats on Mac Computers

4. tidemotel

tidemotel New Member

I am experiencing the same error here. Have reinstalled the kits and battery 4. It is happening for Deep Matter and London Grit for me

5. Jeremy @ NI

Hey tidemotel,
    Is this happening on other expansion kits ? Where are your expansions installed ? Can you load the Battery 4 Library kits ? What operating system are you on ?

6. tidemotel

tidemotel New Member

Im using Mac Catalina 10.15.17

I can load the other kits but not Deep Matter or London Grit. I've re-installed both packs and still they are not being read. The expansions are installed onto a Native Instruments folder on my hard drive (Not an iCloud documents folder) Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 10.07.44 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 10.07.49 AM.png

7. Darrell Reeve

Darrell Reeve New Member

Got the same problems on Windows 10 install after updating to Komplete 13 UC Edtn.

Libraries affected for me are anima ascent, aquarius earth, basement era, byte riot, carbon decay, dj khalil, decoded forms, deep matter, district xeo, faded reels, global shake, golden kingdom, headland flow, ignition code, indigo dust, infamous flow, infinite escape, lockdown grind, london grit, magnetic coast, meteoric rise, midnight sunset, opaline drift, polar flare, pure drip, sasha, street swarm, the stereotypes, timeless glow, warped symmetry

I can load these kits from Battery Library browser but need to resolve the "Missing Samples" error message every time. Bit of a nuisance more than anything. Is there a fix for this yet?

8. Jeremy @ NI

Hey Darrell,
    I would suggest to contact my colleagues here by submitting a request in that typeform : https://bit.ly/NISupport_Battery

9. Darrell Reeve

Darrell Reeve New Member

Cheers Jeremy, I've done that snd look forward to finding out what's wrong.

In the meantime, as a workaround I've found that if I load one of the kits from the expansion packs mentioned via the browser and then use the "Resolve Manually, Point to Folder" option to select the "Samples" directory under the installed expansion pack folder, (e.g. D:\Native Instruments\Anima Ascent\Samples), the kit works fine. Also, if you then "File Menu, Save Kit As..., Patch Only" back to the installed expansion folder, (e.g. D:\Native Instruments\Anima Ascent\Sounds\Battery Kits\Anima Ascent All Claps Kit.nbkt), subsequent selection of the kit from the browser works without the missing samples error. This workaround doesn't however remove the expansions showing the folder icon and missing file Battery 4_info.nkx error from the Edit, Preferences, Library Tab error, but no biggy really.

Thanks for your help, best regards, Darrell.