Battery 4: WHY IS THERE NO UNDO?

Discussion in 'BATTERY' started by GwelyMernan, May 22, 2013.

1. Zassimo

Zassimo New Member

I +10000 this. I just lost all of my custom made samples by accidentally selecting a new kit. How can such powerful software not have an undo button!?!? Let's keep up the noise about this!

2. xCentric

xCentric Forum Member

I'm going to jump on the band wagon. Undo function is so sorely missed.

3. Naji

Naji NI Product Owner

I ve purchased Battery 4 update, I ´d likte to sell it...

4. jackn2mpu

jackn2mpu NI Product Owner

Any real reason why? If you read this thread you'd have known there was no undo.

5. Naji

Naji NI Product Owner

Does your answer mean you are interested in buying it ? Well, I am not going to take too much... so, how much ?

6. jackn2mpu

Not interested in buying it as I got it as part of Komplete 9. Was wondering why you're selling it. That's all.

7. iwaiwa

iwaiwa NI Product Owner

Please NI show Battery 4 some love and add an Undo feature soon.

Have you (NI) ever tried to do a serious Battery session with loops and one shots without Undo? It's very frustrating NI. Please consider.

8. Ru C

Ru C New Member

Yep. New user here. +1 for undo

9. sikdrumz

sikdrumz New Member

Just resurrecting this issue as I can't believe Undo is not possible. So frustrating to lose the contents of a cell by accidentally clicking in the Library Browser.

Would be great to have any or all of these:

- Undo sample change in cell
    - Lock all cells or individual cells (this is basic functionality really)
    - Audition sounds in the Library Browser without it changing the cell (this should also be basic- something like audition with right click or with Ctrl-click)
    - Auto-save for kits with adjustable frequency down to 1 min or less

4 years after launch and this is still not being addressed??

10. sikdrumz

sikdrumz New Member

PS- when is 4.1.6 coming? :)

11. sem4

sem4 NI Product Owner

I'd chime in here and say I agree its a sorely missing feature... and easy to make a mistake in and not be able to revert it.
    At least Native Instruments should give users in the thread a reason of why apparently it is not possible?

12. tintala

tintala NI Product Owner

+1 for undo

I also just suggested UNDO for battery 4, I could NOT believe it that there was no way to undo replacing a sample! Holy cow batman! WHy did they forgo this option?

13. uberdube

uberdube New Member

New user jumping on this (seemingly 4 years running... is anyone at NI listening!?) bandwagon as well.. Undo button/functionality is a no-brainer. +1 +1 +1 !

14. Mikeu

Mikeu New Member

Ungodly frustrating. The amount of problems this causes is insane. Let's say you are building a kit and click on a sound that uses one of the cells you are using... it replaces it... not to mention other mistakes that just happen. I'm done. Can someone name the best alternative to Battery 4 for use with Ableton. Only two requirements. Needs to have high quality sounds... and needs an undo button. So many wasted hours because the developers of battery can't figure out how to cache changes so they can be undone. Perhaps they could hire someone from ... oh, I don't know... the 10,000 other software companies that have figured this out...

15. jackn2mpu

I don't know of any decent drum vi that has an undo feature.

16. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Battery 3 did have it. Superior Drummer 3 has it.

17. jackn2mpu

Past tense - had it for Battery 3. BFD3 doesn't have an undo.

18. EvilDragon

Where did I mention BFD3? :D

19. jackn2mpu

You didn't. I was just giving what I knew about a drum vi that didn't have undo. It's called defending my position just as you defended yours. Or do you have a problem with that Mario?

20. EvilDragon

No I don't. It's just weird you'd counter the argument where I listed decent drum VIs that had undo with another one that doesn't have it. Or do you not consider SD3 "decent"?