Battery Hardware...

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by mezzurias, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jikkyboy11

jikkyboy11 New Member

Thanx!

2. terry1

terry1 NI Product Owner

I haven't used battery yet. But did recently purchased it and am waiting on its delivery. But what is kinda weird is the fact its on sale now for 99.00 US. Is that to imply that it is being replaced by the new unit and it will no longer be supported.

3. Soarer

Soarer NI Product Owner

I don't know. Who knows? NI won't say anything. We hope Battery will continue so please just have patience and see if it goes on. Maybe the sale means that Battery 4 is on the way... No announcements of a Reaktor 6 for years but it does not have to mean that it's discontinued.
    Nobody knows.

4. terry1

terry1 NI Product Owner

Soarer

Hey thanks for the reply. Just curious since i don't believe that it comes with a step sequencer how well does it integrates into kontakt 3 and Kore 2?

5. JBlongz

JBlongz NI Product Owner

Listen guys!

Maschine does not replace battery. Maschine is the alternative to MPC users who want to manage from their computer (especially laptops). It is a GROOVEBOX with the ability to control other software.

Battery has a TOTALLY exclusive feature set. A prime example is drum mapping for a fully expanded Roland TD20 electric drum set, where you can have a wide range of velocity/samples settings to mimmick a real set.

NI intended for them to be different, and they each target a slightly different user base. A real drummer would like battery, while an avid mpc producer would be attracted to Maschine.

Simple as that!

6. squarehead

squarehead New Member

I just love to control Battery with Maschine and I dont see a reason as to why NI should develop another controller specifically for it, now that Maschine is there.

1. I can do everything I could do with MPD24 / Trigger Finger, but Maschine Pads are a delight!
    2. Battery integrates better into my workflow than Maschine does and I'm about as quick with Battery+DAW as arranging and sequencing with Maschine Software.
    3. I can still use Maschine Software if I like

One might argue its a bit pricey for a midi controller, when not using the software, but its versatility (hardware controls + controller editor) makes it worth an mpc for me.

If there should be an update for exporting/syncing Maschine sequencer tracks to my DAWs midi tracks one day - all the better.

7. zlangley

zlangley New Member

How do you set up maschine to be used with battery?

My velocity is not working correctly?

8. ArtsBeatdoc

ArtsBeatdoc Forum Member

I would love (and even pay for) an update that would make battery and the maschine hardware work together. If it makes sample-chopping as easy and hands-on as on maschine... as well as a lot of other features like editing your cells with the maschine controls... that would be awesome.

9. JBlongz

JBlongz NI Product Owner

Better than a battery update would be a program like Maschine software, but without the sequencer. Basically a software sound module with samples, instruments, and effects. I enjoy its sound and functionality, but we professionals still want to rely on our daws (without having to use a "Daw in a DAW" just to use Maschine's hardware).

10. Soarer

Soarer NI Product Owner

Please let Battery be Battery and Machine Machine.

11. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

Isn't that what battery is already. Other than the snazzy interface and nice library Maschine has, battery is exactly what you described. Maybe with the next version Battery will in-fact get a UI overhaul more in line with Maschine. I do have to say that Maschine's effects in battery would kick total ass,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.