1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

BCD2000 & Traktor Programming

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by PhilL, Apr 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodgalhardo

rodgalhardo New Member

BCD2000 stereo output fail?

Hi, everyone!

I'am a newcomer and arrived here for someone tells me how to start to mapping the controles of BCD2000 for working with Traktor 3.2.
    Lot's of information runs that makes the easy complicate for me.

actually i have istaled MidiRules by Cyco and are working fine but i can have just the right channel output :( .

Any suggestion how can i have the stereo Output and how can i start to remap and configure each control for my own purpose?

Thanks a lot.
    cheers

2. Cycokraut

Cycokraut Forum Member

Hi Stefan,

I think this isn't possible, even when using traktor's new midi feedback feature (which seems to send feedback only for actions that are triggered on traktor's graphical user interface).

3. c41r0^

c41r0^ New Member

Hi Cycokraut!

I am a BCD-2000 owner too (for about 4 months) from Hungary and first of all I would like to say so many thanx for your MIDI Rules Prototype program, you can not imagine how much helped this solution for me (and for a lot of people I think). I use this with mb4guns midi-mapping from the beginning with Traktor 3.3. and everything works fine. I have two questions about the mappings.

The first questions is about 4 decks. Is it possible to write a new TKS mapping file and a new midi-rule config file for using 4 decks such as 2 decks like mb4guns mapping? I saw the Traktor Tutorial DVD and Speedy J. vs. Chris Liebing were amazing used 4 decks (of course controlled by a very expensive Xone:3D) and this video inspired me using 4 decks with loops, creating such a new sounding and a new "track" by four loop-parts.

My idea is to use a MIDI button which is free and I don't use. It would be the "Phones Split/Master Out" button. Is it possible to program this button for this method? :

when I turn "Phones Split/Master Out" ON (in toggle mode), the decks C and D would be activated and can be adjusted all of the buttons, and when i turn "Phones Split/Master Out" OFF, the decks A and B would be activated, and the midi mapping would be the same as mb4guns mapping for the four decks altogether. Is there any technical difficulty to create this? Unfortunately i am not a software engineer but I understood some parts of your config files, because of there are some helpful comments in them, but you know...if i had more time...
    I tryed out the 4 decks beta mapping (Quadrispros) but the mapping was strange, because BCD2000-Traktor3_cycokrauts-mb4guns_flavor is so good (with CDJ-1000 MK3 like cue feature).

Next question is about the decks FX. I know that if the two "Back to top" buttons are pressed, the gain and the EQ knobs and cut buttons control deck-effects. But this is why you can't use effects and EQ at the same time for one deck. And if the EQ and gain knobs were set to a position before you switch an deck-effect ON, you should have to set them back before you switch effects off at a deck. And one more problem: effect panel has 4 buttons, but only 3 buttons are on the EQ panel (the cuts). Because of this, i had an idea: is it possible to use an unused MIDI toggle button to switch focus on deck effects, and the effect controller buttons and knobs were the "master effect" buttons and knobs? I mean i press this button (for example "talkover" or "on air", which are don't used by me) and as I push this button, the effect-focus would pass round from deck A to deck D. If I dont push this (default position), "Deck A" effects are controllable by "master effect" buttons and knobs, I push once then "Deck B" 's, I push it once again and "Deck C" 's and so on to "Deck D". And because of this solution, there would not be "master effect", but I think nobody needs master effect if deck-effects are fully controllable.

With this two solutions (which are just ideas and I dont know that if there are any technical difficulties to create them) people could use 4 decks with 4 stand-alone deck-effects at the same time, controlled by the BCD-2000.

P.S.: sorry for my English, i hope that everything was understandable :)

4. Cycokraut

Cycokraut Forum Member

Hi c41r0^,

4 decks support:
    it's possible to change the mapping to support four decks (Idea: using the midi channel für the different decks stored in variable in midi rules). Also MIDI feedback from traktor to the BCD have to be integrated.

deck focus effects:
    You can easy change the bcd master effect mapping in traktor from master to deck focus. Of course it's possible to use a switch on the bcd to toggle the deck focus, but it should also very easy to program a keyboard shortcut for this feature (I think there's such a shortcut by default).

5. c41r0^

c41r0^ New Member

Hi Cycokraut!

Thank you for fast answering. I found today some mapping files for 2 and 4 decks which were created by Dj Roler and they are dedicated for T3.3. I think the "2decks" files are based on your and and mb4guns's ideas and mappings, but seems to be corrected, fixed and some new feature implemented. And the "4decks" configs are based on "2decks" too as i saw, so I am going to check them tonight with my BCD and T3.3.

6. c41r0^

c41r0^ New Member

Well, Roler's rules and mappings are great for 2 and 4 decks too, the effect buttons are changed (in standard and "2backtotop" mode too, the jog works as a real scratch when the deck is stopped, not like cyco&mb4guns because its a beatjump or something like that) and this is strange for me a little bit for first, maybe I customize them in the future. 4 decks mode is also very usable but needs a lot of practice of course :) Although, temporarily I am going to use cyco&mb4guns mappings in the near future, because I have not too much time to learn such new things, but it was a great experience.

7. shaddhiva

shaddhiva Forum Member

After a long time now I have midi-rules into operation. At the start I get the following message

Starting MIDI Rules...[Unloading class sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor6
    ]
    [Unloading class sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor5]
    Ready.

I have no restriction in the functions. Can anyone this message? Do I have something to do?

Is there perhaps a connection with the use Java version?

Greetings

8. reinhard von

reinhard von NI Product Owner

Tractor Dj 3.3+bcd2000

On of the Pitch Bend processing and the mike neither or off has operated well so far though it manages to set the interface of TRAKTOR DJ 3.3 and BCD2000, and it operates roughly. Embarrassing it is a thing that the mike cannot be used. Could you teach as someone is kind?.

9. die5el

die5el New Member

10. Roler

Roler Forum Member

Can you upload it again?
    This is what rapid share says:

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.
    Thx!

11. die5el

die5el New Member

12. Jambandbass18

Jambandbass18 Forum Member

I'm looking into my first Midi-Controller still, and these seem to be going out at a nice price. Is there a built in soundcard, and if so how is the sound quality? And with all the .tks ' that have been made, which makes it the most useful with traktor? Thank you
    ---
    Nevermind, been reading all the little gripes and bugs people have to work out with this controller.. and even still some of them have no all been figured out, so I think I'll just go with a brand new RMX instead of a $60 BCD2000 on ebay.

13. djshazz

djshazz New Member

Music pause problem

Hi , im new here and i need for some help.

first, sorry for my english...

i've the bcd2000 cotroller and i tried to connect him to traktor-3.

i use Midi-Rules Prototype and all my drivers of the BCD2000 is updated.

My Laptop is Lenovo (3000 N100) with 2 GB memory and the processor is intel 1.7 Duo. it cames with Windows-Vista.

because i want to use it just for the bcd i format it and installed XP and update all the drivers.

I tried to play music and everything goes fine , but sometime , at randomally time , the music stop for 1 second and when the music back to normal its jumps forwerd for 0.5 second.

i tried to change the praiority of processes and nothing help.

i tried to play with the B-DJ program and i had the same problem.

i installed a different version of traktor and still i have the same problem.

Does any one had the same problem?
    any suggestions?

please, i need for big help...:( :(

tnx...

14. mikesilence

mikesilence NI Product Owner

Disable WLAN, Antivir, Firewall...

15. djshazz

djshazz New Member

my computer is empty from any application...
    and windows firewall is disable....
    still stop music
    ---
    ok, some updates....

i download an application called "DPC Latency Checker" from
    http://http://www.thesycon.de/eng/home.shtml

According to this application my latency is not good...

i download the ASIO driver but it detect only 2 channel of the BCD.
    its means that in the "Preference -->Output Routing" screen at TRAKTOR i can see only channels : bcd2000 1 and bcd200 2.

Can someone know a different way to change latency or ant other idea for me?
    thanks.

16. mikesilence

mikesilence NI Product Owner

17. DJFRESHA

DJFRESHA Forum Member

With the audio dropping out, you might find it's a completely different device f*cking with the latency. My Dell Inspiron 5150 used to trip out with audio 'freezes' randomly, until I found that the problem was with the CDrom drive actively checking to see if a disc was inserted. Disabled the device with a different hardware setup and voila - bug squashed.

With DPCLAT.exe you should really go through each device as it says on the website to eliminate the issue (or at least find where your problem lies)

Can't believe I havent posted here in about 2 to 3 years, and this thread is still active!

18. marcoabuso

marcoabuso New Member

Hey everyone,

I'm currently using Dashka's fix for the bcd + traktor pro. (use dashka tsi, install midiyoke change to 1 input, install jogwheel fix) I followed everything on the guide exactly how it was supposed to be installed and everything works except the jogwheel fix isn't working (it is only going backwards) and the buttons sometimes don't respond.

I press the buttons and sometimes they respond after one press but sometimes it takes three or four times for the button to actually work. Is this normal for traktor + bcd use? I would love to be able to use traktor and the bcd but with these buttons not responding always, it sucks .

Does anyone know if i did something wrong? I have the jogwheel fix running, all the correct settings, and midi yoke using 1 input. do i have to change latency or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

19. Hippie

Hippie Forum Member

Great thread so far guys.

I'm trying to duplicate some of the BCD2000 buttons, knobs, faders and jogs using Bomes to create presets so I can switch presets and remap the buttons, knobs .....
    I want to use the Phones Split/Master button to toggle a browser preset where the monitor cues are reused for load, the jogs are reused for browsing and a few other remappings which I have done by readdressing the buttons...etc that I want to use in the browser preset. I've got the basics running as I want but ...
    I can trigger then LEDs thro Taktor commands/instructions and I can trigger them with Bomes running on it's own but not the 2 together grrrr
    I want the LED to light to show the browser preset is active and go off when inactive - has any1 managed to get Bomes to output to an LED as u switch presets in this way?
    Or can any1 reccomend a Traktor function that toggles so I can assign it to the button and then I can then assign a midi output to the button thro Traktor to light the LED.
    Or have I got my ins and outs set wrong somewhere?

20. DJFRESHA

DJFRESHA Forum Member

If you have a legit version of Bomes, then try V1.7.1, as my template for BCD2000 + Traktor is in there. Use the BCD with Bomes only to see how the templates switch because of button presses etc.

I've got to do some FX button 'memory' pages, that's next to come, will be quite a few preset switches as there is 4 already so that I can either have the 'decks' in scratch mode (shame no touch sensitive...booo..), or in pitch bend mode (since it's been a bloody age since I've posted or even got the old blue out). I've noticed that as long as you have MIDI turned on for the virtual MIDIYoke (for Traktor to receive from), and for the BCD2000 (sending MIDI info from Traktor to BCD), then you shouldnt have any problems pressing buttons on the BCD to light the LEDs, or to get Traktor to send the 'button' status to the BCD. Works for me anyway. If you have any problems let me know, can help work on a new or alternative template. I might actually butcher a BCD2000 to have the top 4 dials as full rotaries, that way no matter where the knob is it will 'pick up' accordingly. Wonder if BCF/BCR knobs and LED rings fit.... sold BCF & BCR a while ago....hmmmm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.