1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Beat Grids Are Still Shifting!

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by cutmoney, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

good to have finally a file where we can reproduce this...

2. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

Well, if you need more, I've literally got thousands...

3. DJ Freshfluke

yes, please!

i mentioned it before... hmpfh. nobody listens to me :-(
    send me a few files to the email adress you find in my profile and i'll forward them to the developers.

thx! :)

4. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

I thought PhiL already took care of that...

What's probably easier is to just let you create them yourself. Just rip a file to AAC in iTunes and you'll likely see the problem. If you want me to send you files, can your email handle the size? If so, then how many would you like?

5. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

N.G I did take care of this last week, Along with several pics I sent Billie Jean to you and Friedemann. Let me know if you don't have it I'll send it again. Also if you talk to them let them know its the wavform shifting (both in time and visually) not the Beatgrid.

Phil

6. DJ Freshfluke

*confused*

no, i didnt get anything!! :(
    please resend the email...

@ gmint: how big are aac-files? i dont have itunes, so... write to: freshfluke [at] gmx.de - i think it handles like 7 mb, which is the biggest account i have.

7. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

Well, Billie Jean was 5.7 Megs...

8. keysman_Tf

keysman_Tf Forum Member

I just scanned this post to see if the beat grid problems still exist. Obviously they do and it looks like NI is still having trouble admitting there is a problem. I frustrated myself with this problem and spent hours working on trying to come up with a solution back when 2.6 was current. Look here...

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum_us/showthread.php?t=23923

It's sad to see that after all this time the problems still exist. Traktor has the potential to be a really great DJ program, but not with these bugs. I can't believe so many of you are still around and you're all still trying to fix the same problems. I'm also appalled at how Native Girl and NI handle your questions and comments. When did it become acceptable for a representative from the company to tell you to RTFM? Isn't this a product you paid for? That kind of treatment is unacceptable.

It's time to move on people, find another program to use and stop wasting your time waiting on NI to fix these problems. Seriously, what is your time worth to you. You paid for the product and now you have to do your own product testing and troubleshooting. Shouldn't NI employees be doing that? Are they paying you for your time to work the bugs out of their software?

9. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

You're right. However, I've got my fingers crossed. According to Phil's post, these should FINALLY be resolved when 3.1 comes out (hopefully in a couple of weeks).

10. keysman_Tf

keysman_Tf Forum Member

Is 3.1 really coming out? I saw a post about it but it was an April Fools day joke. I found it funny (and a little sad) because I did a forum search for "aac" and that's how I turned up the April Fools post. AAC was listed as a problem that was resolved in 3.1.

11. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

http://www.native-instruments.com:80/forum_us/showthread.php?t=34971&page=2

12. DJ Freshfluke

the shifting beatgrids issue is worked on since a long time, but sadly not that easy to eliminate.

in 3.1 it's adressed, so shortly, we will know more!

13. Pc Pures

Pc Pures New Member

Hold on a minute. I'm new to this forum. Are you telling me that the actual tracktor software has a problem with beatgrids and it is near enough impossible to create a lasting seamless mix???? Please tell me no because if it is that's a disgrace! How came so many people use it?

14. boysteve

boysteve NI Product Owner

This is one of the reasons I've stuck with T2.5.3. Not an issue. And my mixes are like unto the transitions of the Olympian Godz.

15. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

Two things. First, it's not really like you characterize it. In one sense it is, in another sense, it is not. Also, it only applies to AAC files. Second, the 3.1 release has fixed this problem, so hopefully this issue is gone for good.

16. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

There *were* problems with AAC files. Those have been fixed in the latest release (as of today).

There still are reportedly problems with Final Scratch. Can't tell you b/c I don't have Final Scratch.

Otherwise there are no problems with beatgrids and you could easily play a loop on each of the four decks perfectly in sync until you die of starvation.

17. eb43

eb43 NI Product Owner

Finally discovered this thread a few days ago and now I understand why T3 has been such a pain to mix with versus T2.6. My library is primarily AAC 320K and I have not had any problems with T2.6. When T3 came out I always found the mixes slipping and really far even when pushing or pulling the tempo with the fine tune keys. Kinda made me want to go back to mixing with decks or even go out and by Final Scratch so that i could at least use decks to keep it in pitch. Also even thought of re-encoding all my AAC tracks which is not that feasible (10K+). Anyway, I'm looking forward to this problem being addressed in the 3.1 version. Then I'll finally be able to make the move back to 3 from 2.6.

-eb

18. eb43

eb43 NI Product Owner

Just noticed the T3.1 release :)
    Time to test and renew my faith in NI which has wained since T3.

19. keysman_Tf

keysman_Tf Forum Member

Okay, I'll test it again with my AAC files. Can somone send me the Beatgrid tutorial PDF. I can't find it on my system anymore and it looks like I have to be a registered owner to get it. I can't remember how to set beatgrids anymore since it's been such a long time since I tested Traktor.

20. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

Take my word for it, it works. I've been *****ing about this for years so I should know...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.