1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Beat Grids

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by haze324, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

tried cam studio but it doesnt like my hercules soundcard (i think), so far i'm getting all kinds of errors... will take a bit, but i'm working on it!

2. herbee

herbee Forum Member

Hey everyone

Great topic and something that's quite new to me. I play a lot of disco, obscure 80s stuff and lots of records that aren't sequenced.

I've just bought S4 [ should arrive today and I'm sat here impatiently! ] and I was hoping that the S4 would help me solve the problem of records drifting. I'm pretty au fait with mixing disco, after years you get used to gauging stuff on the fly and I don't mind riding the pitching mid mix too - though being able to 'fix' the disco tracks so I could be more creative with out having to ride the pitch would be great.

So in theory, gridding out of the box won't solve this? Maybe potentially for the first x number of bars, though as an earlier poster stated, by the end of the track it would be well out and all over the show? Therefore the idea of 'warping' them first comes into play?

Could I do that first in Ableton? Does that take ages?

Thanks

3. haze324

haze324 Forum Member

FreshFluke

Don't forget about us here!

4. DJ Freshfluke

i dont, honey. but i'm down to 5hrs sleep atm, working my ass off. less sleep is simply not possible... but this will be better at the end of the week. i can only get one thing done after the other... :-/

5. haze324

haze324 Forum Member

no worries. I understand --- I work 14-16 hour days at the moment 6 days a week and 8 hours on sundays. Sleep is the best thing in the world!

Ok, get some rest and I'll start buggin you again in a week or two. All jokes aside we need a good tutorial for gridding anything other than EDM.

Tag - your it :)

::runs::

6. DJ Freshfluke

yeah, you're right. it's on my 2do list for a while. beat me to it :D

7. herbee

herbee Forum Member

Any help on my question please? Cheers.

8. DJ Freshfluke

finally!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImrDEsx3j9k"]YouTube - DJ Freshfluke - Beatgrid Hiphop Tracks in TRAKTOR PRO (Tutorial)[/ame]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.