1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE
NOTICE:

Our Traktor Pro Public Beta is available again in our new online community. Join us if you want to try new features.

MORE INFO

Beginner Tutorial: How to connect your S2/S4 to Speakers and Headphones

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by tmccoy, Jan 6, 2013.

1. brtdds

brtdds NI Product Owner

This software knob IS NOT controlled by the MAIN knob on the top of the S2/4.

why doesn't the s4 control the main volume in the software anymore?????

2. tmccoy

tmccoy Forum Member

The S4 Main knob is a hardware volume knob and never actually changed the Traktor main level setting.

You shouldn't need to touch your software main level once you have done your sound check. If you are running a gig that starts quiet early and builds up later, this is what you use the S4 Main knob for.

3. t0n3r

t0n3r New Member

Is it just me that the images in the post won't load for? getting an attachment is not available error message, just an FYI :)

4. GamboF84

GamboF84 New Member

I have the same problem

5. Dev

Dev New Member

Hey I have Traktor kontroller s4 and can not get it to cue in my ear and play out at the same time. I have USB monitors (ALESIS M1 Active 520 USB) plugged upto my PC, they have there own sound card with ports, which I have plugged in from double jack to double RCA to the kontroller. I currently have the S2 drivers which dont work, only my monitors show up in the audio settings. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

6. Gunther7

Gunther7 New Member

hello, i use the kontrol S4MK2 and have a question about the output. now i always use RCA to XLR ( 2 tops QSC KW122 ) but there is also the jack output. is this the same or is there a difference in output ? better sound quality? more DB ?
    the headroom is -3db and my A and B channels on gain are -5 db and i never hit a red ligth !

7. Killian Bernal

Killian Bernal New Member

Hi,

I need help guys, my setup is s4 with dedicated audio speaker using TRX cables. the problem is in audio setup under audio device, the traktor hardware is not showing up. do you guys have any idea whats going on? the sounds is only playing on my laptop speaker, and not on the external speaker itself. thanks for the help!

Attached Files:

8. Abebe

Abebe NI Product Owner

Update the latest s4 drivers and try again.

9. JoshLord

JoshLord New Member

Hi, am hoping to use my Traktor s4 at a club next weekend. If I use two TRS to XLR cables and plug the decks straight into speakers, will this work alright or do I need anything else? Hoping not to need a club mixer, as I am setting up the second room so keeps costs down if can just use the Traktor.
    Thanks

10. tmccoy

tmccoy Forum Member

If you are bringing your own speakers, then that will be fine. Otherwise check with the club to confirm how to connect as a house mixer is very likely to be there anyway.

11. Queens Quay West

Queens Quay West New Member

Hey everyone,

I had to reformat my Laptop recently, I've installed everything, including Traktor(with all recent driver updates i believe). My problem is the music can be heard through the headphones at all times even without cue being selected. And when I press the cue button associated with the channel the music is playing in, it makes the sound loader through the headphones and through the speakers. I've owned my S4 MK2 for three years and have never encountered this problem..

any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

12. Abebe

Abebe NI Product Owner

I have mk1, turning the Cue Mix knob all the way to the left can help.

13. Queens Quay West

Queens Quay West New Member

Thanks for that, but I knew that already..I was sure before that I only heard the music through the headphones when a cue button was enabled. I had always positioned the Cue Mix knob in the middle, have no idea what I've done, or how to fix..tried many things posted on the internet lol

14. charley hawton

charley hawton NI Product Owner

15. charley hawton

charley hawton NI Product Owner

I've already messaged NI but got no reply.

Basically I can't cue headphone, I can get sound but no headphone cue. I've been on your help pages and forum and you tube tutorials, but they all say the same thing and ask you to select options not available to select on my screen. I've tried following instrctions in the above but with nol joy - what amik dloing wrong? I'm using macbook, Traktor s2 mark 2, USB, Ysplit jack into djm600 mixer, (which I also use for my stand alone decks, not timecode). I also have A6 scratch interface and line in cables, but do not have it connected to anything as i'm not sure of the cabling and how to connect it, or whether i even need it. Do I have to use the A6 interface with the controller and macbook to be able to cue? In the audio set up in traktor where it says audio device i have to put it into bjuilt in mode as if i put it in Traktor mode i get no sound at all. This means I can't select output monitor headphone L and R and Master output L and R. I can only think my cabling is wrong but there is nowhere to help advise on where to put cables. I have bought every cable I can think of and keep tryikng different configurations but STILL no joy, its driving me mad. Please, please please can you help a girl out and help me with this query??

16. tmccoy

tmccoy Forum Member

Put the A6 to one side and ignore it. Just focus on the S2.

You also mention a Y cable and a DJM600 - also disconnect that and put it to one side.

Get the S2 working properly first before you start connecting anything else.

1. Connect the S2 to the computer with the USB cable.
    2. Connect your headphones directly to the S2. No Y cables or unnecessary adapters - just straight into the front of the S2.
    3. Plug the S2 into external power for best results.
    4. In Traktor, select the S2 as the audio device and set up the audio routing as per the first post in this thread.
    5. Play a track and press the CUE button. Make sure your CUE VOL is turned up and CUE MIX is set to the middle position.

Post screenshots and some photos of your connections if you are still having problems.

17. Paperina

Paperina New Member

I have s2 mk3. I can get sound from the speaker. But I can't get cue sound from my headphones. But... I connected with Bluetooth to the speaker from my laptop. (Is it possible using with this way, I don't know) I can choose this from Traktor in the audio device. I choose s2 mk3 in the built-in soundcard part. Then, when I come to output part, I can't see headphone choosing, there is the only spear L R (in output monitor and output master). Taking cue sound, I should choose differently on output monitor I guess, but I can't see any choice.

I found this video, and he chooses one for output monitor, one for output master. But he uses Traktor cable for the mono signal. Should I use the same cable?

Please help me! Thanks.

18. christian o m

christian o m New Member

hola amigos alguien sabe la capacidad de los condensadores c323 y c324 de la traktor kontrol s2 la compre de segunda mano y me engañaron le falta esos condensasores para que lanpueda reconocer el pc

19. christian o m

christian o m New Member

alguien de este foro podria decirme si conoce los condensadores c323 y c324 de la traktor kontrol s2
    la compre de segunda mano y me an engañado le falta esos condensadores
    esta orilla de la.clavija del enganche de usb

Attached Files:

20. Dragos Alexandru

Dragos Alexandru New Member

Hey guys! I have a question for you, i`m using and S4mk2 model, and i was wondering if i can add an external mixer (Allen Heath Xone 23)? and if so, will i be able to control the deck functions and effects?