Behringer FCB1010 Midi Pedal with Guitar Rig

Discussion in 'GUITAR RIG' started by mosaic, Aug 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RhysPatto

RhysPatto NI Product Owner

It could, but i find it easier cause i'm somewhat of a basic programmer. You'd probably be better off getting the editor (http://www.mtnsys.com/faq-fcb/PCEditorBeta.htm) and sending the SysEx message to your FCB, it'll all be configured for ya.

So, with that in mind, you could set 5 and 10 to not send patch changes, but instead, send Note On/Offs, which you could assign to next/previous sound.

Although, I find with the FCB, that its much easier to just use the numbers as preset selections.
    The way mine is setup is, on banks 00 to 08 on FCB, the buttons 1-8 select the appropriate patches in GR3, and in any FCB bank, 9-10 control (and save once releasing the button) the current patches volume. And FCB's bank 09 is used for loop machine.

This works best for me.

2. GTO

GTO New Member

Well I'm getting nowhere with this.

I've spent most of the past week trying different things but I get totally lost and end up re-setting the FCB to default.

Even in stomp box mode when I click learn then press a stomp button it just changes the preset.

I have tried the PCEditor in your link but I can't figure out how to make a button turn an effect on/off.

Thanks for trying to help.

3. pixelbox

pixelbox Forum Member

I've tried that editor as well, and I could never get it to upload settings to the FCB...I can get it to export, but not import. I've had to do my set-up manually, which is a bit tedious, but it's workable.

The FCB OM is written poorly (as with all translated owner's manuals), so it's kinda hard to figure out on your own. Fortunately I was pointed to these vids, and they helped me tremendously...

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=UQ3h2x1CSVo"]YouTube - Ableton Live Guitar Loop Template Part 1[/ame]
    [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=TutBctqRzrc"]YouTube - Ableton Live Guitar Loop Template Part 2[/ame]

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=m4yUKWpTQeY"]YouTube - Programming your Behringer FCB1010 pt 1[/ame]
    [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=QYTQwAOtSvw"]YouTube - Programming your FCB1010 Part 2[/ame]

The only other drawback I have experienced is that I frequently need to re-calibrate the expression pedals.

HTH!

4. GTO

GTO New Member

Thanks, I'll check those vids when I get home. Im at work right now and the I.T. police have blocked YouTube.

I don't mind having to program manually because I'm getting nowhere fast with the editors.

5. GTO

GTO New Member

After checking out this site http://www.el34world.com/Misc/Music/FCB_2.htm everything has fallen into place and I almost have the FCB setup how I want it.

Only ploblem now is that GR still won't save settings and everything has to be learned each time I start up!

6. tdelnatte

tdelnatte New Member

FCB1010 guitar rig 3

Thanks for your help, i'm sorry if i don't speak english well

here's my problem :
    Guitar rig 3 don't learn input midi... this software don't recognize anything when I tried the learn button

My config :
    Pédalier FCB1010 port midi out-> Adaptateur midi-usb M-AUDIO UNO -> pc(guitar rig3)
    Guitar rig : Préference midi option -> input interface: périphérique audio USB on

Actions:
    1- I calibrate FCB 1010
    2- I use the MIDI note functionality like jg_guitar said before
    3- I sélectl learn function to turn on effet pédale and nothing happens

Notes:
    When I calibrate FCB 1010, the indicator always displays F1 maybe I should worry about it

7. Marc_S

Marc_S NI Product Owner

GR 3.1 does learn MIDI, you just have to make sure the 1010 is turned on in the preferences. Can you make sure it is?

8. pixelbox

pixelbox Forum Member

Make sure you are using CC# messages and not midi notes.

9. tdelnatte

tdelnatte New Member

GR 3.1 does learn MIDI, you just have to make sure the 1010 is turned on in the preferences. Can you make sure it is?

->When I connect FCB1010, i have in Préférences : Préférence USB ON so I assume it's well connected

Make sure you are using CC# messages and not midi notes.
    -> I tried both midi notes and controle change message and nothing happens

Is there one software which can test input midi on computer?
    ---
    I tried this software midi key view to see my input midi.
    And no midi notes are received ...

Anyone tried FCB1010 and Midiport UNO(midi to usb)?

10. wolfcity

wolfcity New Member

You can try to use a VST host. Usually there is something in the interface that lights up when it receives a midi signal. I'm guessing the problem is your Midiport UNO. Have you installed the necessary drivers? I use the Roland Edirol Um-1x with no problems.

11. tdelnatte

tdelnatte New Member

Ok i got a signal in input it was a driver problem.. it's wierd

12. GTO

GTO New Member

OK I'm still having a little trouble here.

I've set the FCB to stompbox mode and the top row is sending notes just as explained on this site. http://www.el34world.com/Misc/Music/FCB_2.htm

The trouble is this, I load some components into a patch and set them to the stomp pedals to simply turn on & off, I then save the patch but when I go back to the patch the on/off state of the components seems to be totaly random.

Lets say I open patch #1 which has a delay effect, first time I step on the patch pedal the delay might be off but if I step on it again the delay might come on.

I've figured out this is a problem with the FCB not GR because if I change patches with the mouse everything is fine. It's like the FCB is sending random on/off signals to the stomp pedals!

If I set the stomp pedals to send control changes everything works OK apart from I have to hit the pedals twice to make them work.

Can anyone see anything wrong here?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for any help.

13. wolfcity

wolfcity New Member

I would try taking the Program Change off and only using the Midi Notes.

14. EL34xyz

EL34xyz NI Product Owner

Hey, that's my web site :D

The Ed Dixon editor I made note of on my web page is really easy to operate. It sends and receives syx back and forth to the FCB on the fly without having to touch anything on the FCB.

The secret I found to making the stomp box pedals behave properly in GR was to make the Stomp box pedals send just a midi note. I use midi notes 120 through 125 to switch stomp effects on and off.

GR learns these perfectly and you can save different controller schemes in GR

15. praiseguitar

praiseguitar New Member

I am interested in using a FCB1010 pedal in addition to the Rig Kontrol that I got with GR3. I want to do this so I can keep a lot of effects at my feet and control the loop machine feature in GR3. Has anyone got any experience with that?
    It seems that most of the discussion on this forum is focussed on using the FCB1010 instead of the RigKontrol.
    It seems like it should be straight forward to assign functions using the Options panel. Any incompatibilities I should be aware of.

16. EL34xyz

EL34xyz NI Product Owner

The Fcb can only be a stomp box with the UNO chip mod.

Then only one row of can be stomp boxes, the other row of 5 are still patch selects.

17. GTO

GTO New Member

OK I think I've sorted my latest problem out.

It seem that if I want to add an effect to a patch but have the effect set to OFF the next time I select the patch, the patch must be saved with the effect turned ON.

Weird :confused:
    ---
    Yeah, it helped me a lot.

18. EL34xyz

EL34xyz NI Product Owner

I save all my patches with the effects on. I step on the stompbox pedals to turn them off. Just a personal pref.

Note that the stomp box LED willl not stay in sync with guitar rig. It's very easy to get them out of sync and so I just have my stomp box LED's set up as momentary LED's.

They only light up when you are actually pressing down on the stomp box pedal.

Using the LED toggle method:
    If you have a LED lit up indicating that an effect is on and then go to another patch by using the previous/next patch function, the led will remain on.

So for example if the patch has was saved with a fuzz box off
    You turn the fuzz box on and the led comes on.
    you now go to another patch using previous/next
    the led is still on, even though you have left that patch.
    now you go back to the previous patch

the led is still on but the fuzzbox is off because that patch was saved with the fuzzbox off.

19. GTO

GTO New Member

I set all my stomp LEDs to off for effects which are off and on for effect which are always on. So this means that if a patch has fuzz on and delay off, when I select the patch fuzz LED is on and delay LED is off. I don't have any problem with LEDs going out of sync because I don't use Prev/Next I only select patches using pedals 1-5 on the FCB.

I hope that makes sense.

20. EL34xyz

EL34xyz NI Product Owner

yes it does make sense. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.