1. Hi everyone,

This forum is now closed for posting! If you require technical support from NI or have a questions about activating your product, please head over to our new Support Community!

NATIVE INSTRUMENT SUPPORT COMMUNITY

The Support Community is the new location where you can expect to receive assistance and feedback on technical support, sales or installation issues from our Support Agents and other users.

Please also note, questions about the status of an order should always be directly sent to our Order Support team HERE.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Being asked to activate Pro-53?

Discussion in 'Product Installation and Activation (Archive)' started by PulCzar, Aug 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PulCzar

PulCzar Forum Member

Why is Service Center asking me to activate Pro-53 after installing Kontakt 4(Komplete 6 bundle)? I do own Komplete 5 and I selectively installed Elektrik Piano and B4 II. I noticed that Kontakt 4 uses some Pro-53 fx. Service Center shows Komplete 5 properly activated. The field to enter the numbers for Pro-53 has only three boxes so I am unable to enter my Komplete 5 serial. This is strange.:confused:

2. Stephan @ NI

Stephan @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hello,
    it seems the Pro-53 installation has been damaged, the local preferences file / registry entry is lost.

Solution:
    use the Komplete 5 installer disc to reinstall Pro-53. When done, start Service Center. You should see Komplete 5 as product to be activated in Service Center. Activate, Pro-53 should be activated after this.

3. PulCzar

PulCzar Forum Member

Thanks for your response Stefan. But the thing is that I never installed Pro-53. It just showed up in Service Center. And I really don't want to install it... unless I'm forced to. :(
    I selectively installed Elektrik Piano so that I could use it with Kontakt 4.1 and then B4 II and that was all that I installed from Komplete 5. btw- I forgot to mention that this was a clean installation on a clean installation of Windows 7(64).

4. Stephan @ NI

Stephan @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hello,

it seems that on your computer entries your Windows registry (PC) resp. Preferences (Mac) for Pro-53 exist - for whatever reason.

You can remove these, so Pro-53 will no longer show up in Service Center.

PC:
    Windows XP
    Start / Run => type in regedit and hit enter.

Windows Vista and Windows 7
    Start / Search => type in regedit and hit enter.

In the registry go to:

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Native Instruments\Pro-53

Right click the entry "Pro-53" in the list and delete it.

Mac:

Go to Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences

locate the file "Pro-53.plist" and delete it.

If a file with this name is also present in

Macintosh HD/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences

you should remove this also.

5. PulCzar

PulCzar Forum Member

fwiw- this problem went away when Service Center updated itself last week. This confirms my suspicion that it was a Service Center glitch all along.

6. MartinHines

MartinHines NI Product Owner

Service Center uses XML files that contain product reference data. The Pro-53 data in there was probably messed up.

NI has had a lot of trouble with Service Center during the few years it has been around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.