1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Best button on S4 for Flux mode

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by RB75, Oct 25, 2012.

1. RB75

RB75 NI Product Owner

What are people using for Flux mode on/off button on the S4?

2. davscanlon

davscanlon NI Product Owner

I'm on the S2, I have mapped Flux Mode to the Cue button. I use Cue Points 1-4 as cue points ;)

3. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

Lots of options. You could try something like SHIFT-SYNC

4. malzfreund

malzfreund NI Product Owner

yeah, that seems like a decent option unless you need SHIFT + SYNC to manually assign the master deck. (most people probably don't change the tempo master manually.) and mapping is a piece of cake with the new override functionality.

alternatively, one could use stuff that isn't mapped in the default mapping such as SHIFT + CUE.

5. Count Zero

Like I said... lots of options. Personally I have my master set to auto so that would work for me however I also have an X1 and have mapped buttons on the X1 to do the job and I can have visual feedback there by mapping the button lights so I know whether flux is on or off for a particular deck.

6. RyuJn

RyuJn Forum Member

I'm using the "mode" buttons from the effects panel on the S4. I dont ever use them. Plus I get the light on when Flux is on so I'll know it's active.

7. Dj Max-Matic

Dj Max-Matic Forum Member

How did you map the led's to switch on/off when flux mode is enabled?

8. Count Zero

I go into controller manager.
    Select my X1 to modify.
    Add in->Flux Mode on->Left.FX2(Toggle, Target=DeckA)
    Now the corresponding LED mapping
    Add out->Flux Mode On->Left.FX2(Target=Deck A)

9. mykejb

mykejb NI Product Owner

I used the Shift+DeckC/DeckD buttons to switch Flux on/off and show the status on the LED with shift is pressed. Seems to work ok

Mike

10. beaubryte

beaubryte NI Product Owner

I'm using an S2 and an S4 with my own custom mappings. I found out that sometimes you wanna toggle FLUX instantly, but sometimes silently. So I doubled the Flux mode to use it both ways.

So to toggle Flux Mode:

1) The easy silent way: Shift+Loop Size Knob (right ones)

2) On the fly while cue point juggling:

Deck A: Hold Right Shift and press any HotCue on A

Deck B: Hold Left Shift and press any HotCue on B

I think this one is very straightforward.

11. Count Zero

So many options. Whatever suits your workflow.

12. fryups

fryups New Member

I press shift + browse and use the cue buttons on the midi mode of the S4.

That way it is easy to see if they are turned on or off in a club.

I have made a tutorial on how to do it here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4JRaXxNRpI"]How to control Flux mode with Traktor S4[/ame]

13. evilacid

evilacid New Member

but how?

hey mike, i like this method best. how did you do it?, im new to midi mapping if you could give me a step by step i would be ever so grateful.

-m.

14. Supermix

Supermix Forum Member

It's a wonderful method!

Only a question (a matter for a novice as me):
    In Controller Manager -> Device Setup -> In-Port
    I'm not able to assign S4 (which is in midi mode = on)

I only have a In-Port menu with:
    -None,
    -All Ports,
    -Traktor Kontrol F1,
    -Traktor virtual Input.

Obviously learn command doesn't learn anything!

Do you think I'm missing something with S4 driver or what about the matter?

Thank you.
    ---
    Solved with a new installation of 2.5.1. Mac driver for S4.

Another set of buttons for Flux mode is group of the 4 offset buttons with their led. It's easy to map directly into S4 the functionality (not through midi mode), but I have no idea how to associate the led state on/off...

15. mrpud

mrpud Forum Member

I set mine to the pitch offset buttons as I've never used them, using colour feedback too so that I can tell which deck has flux mode on, i.e. left deck on the s4, the left off set button is for deck C and the right button is for deck A and on the right deck of the s4 the left offset button is for deck B and the right is for deck D

16. Supermix

Supermix Forum Member

Great! May I ask you what are commands to associate any offset buttons with its own led?

17. evilacid

evilacid New Member

that sounds handy too, can u show your work?
    im having trouble with this
    ---
    how did u map the lights to indicate weather its on or off? i cant seem to get it to work

18. Supermix

Supermix Forum Member

Finally I did it with light!
    When you have successfully mapped four decks everyone with its line in assignment table add another line for every deck (in other words you must create 4 lines for the flux activation for every deck, 4 lines to control their led state) in which you must map items as follows:
    Add out (I/O)
    Type of controller = led
    Interaction mode = output ;)
    Assignment = deck a (then map a line with b, one with c and last with d)
    For every line click learn and press the exact button you want to "light control".
    Enjoy!
    :D

19. kwtsh

kwtsh New Member

This works very well indeed, love using the big Cue buttons with visual feedback. Have used the same trick to map Post Fader FX on/off onto the FX selected bank 2 buttons for each channel, so also get visual feedback if PF is selected or Insert FX...

Cheers for sharing, great suggestion

20. mrpud

mrpud Forum Member

Hi, What I did was add a midi in 'Flux Mode' using the toggle mode and mapped it the button and selected which deck I wanted to control. Then I Added an Midi Out using 'Flux Mode on' and assigned to the same button. and did this for each deck. so in the end you'll have 8 commands. P.S. I used the new override feature as i don't use the offsets.

hope this helps
    ---
    if anyone still struggling with this I will upload a tsi when I get home tonight :)