1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Best tempo setting on CDJ 1000 using timecode?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Ross H, May 27, 2013.

1. Ross H

Ross H NI Product Owner

Hi all,

What is the best tempo setting (+6, +8, +16 etc) when using cdj 1000's with TSP2.

I currently use +10 but often have to ride the pitch to keep the tempo locked with the other deck. When using my 1210's I rarely have this issue and I can get the pitch control to lock the bpm exact with the other deck.

I've seen little tricks like hitting synch on then off to get the cdj locked in exact and you also have full control of the pitch on cdj if needed.

All help/tips appreciated.

Cheers

2. djivobutnot

djivobutnot NI Product Owner

For me +/-6 does the job perfectly.

3. Ross H

Ross H NI Product Owner

Many thanks for this. Do you know what your setting are within Traktor aswell?

4. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

Software tempo faders are disabled when in timecode mode arent they? Which settings are you referring to?

5. Ross H

Ross H NI Product Owner

Sorry, maybe my misunderstanding within traktor you could also set the tempo range....I thought it was related to the cdj range when using timecode.

6. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

Tempo is controlled entirely through the CDJ/turntable when using timecode AFAIK.