1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Implemented Better 'Clear Automation' implementation.

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by OlivierFromGre, Oct 20, 2017.

1. OlivierFromGre

OlivierFromGre NI Product Owner

The Clear Automation button/combo deletes the automation from all patterns in the group, this is very counter-intuitive and makes it almost useless. It should remove automation only for the selected/active pattern!

Additionally, other shortcuts should be added so we are not forced to use the mouse/keyboard for something as simple as deleting modulation:
    For the MK3 I suggest:
    1. Erase+Pitch = Removes Pitch wheel automation from current Pattern.
    2. Erase+Mod = Removes Mod wheel automation from current Pattern.
    3. Erase+Perform = Removes PerformFX automation from current Pattern.
    Mr36 suggests the following:
    1. Shift+ERASE+CLR AUTO = resets all modulation in current Pattern
    2. Shift+ERASE+parameter = resets modulation for respective parameter in current Pattern
    3. ERASE+parameter = resets parameter to default value
    2. Allows for a lot of flexibility, for example, while in Macro Menu Shift+ERASE+Knob1 would remove the automation from the first macro, same would be applied to fx, sampler, etc...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Along with others, I have been complaining about this behaviour for a loooonnnnnnnggggg time. Unfortunately, it's not a bug and is "by design". Why? I have no idea. It seems utterly counter-intuitive, wasteful, and dangerous to have this so readily available on the controllers. I have never had any need to remove entire modulation lanes from a project using the controller.

I'm hoping that eventually the behaviour will be changed to:
    • shift+ERASE+CLR AUTO = resets all modulation in current Pattern
    • shift+ERASE+parameter = resets modulation for respective parameter in current Pattern
    • ERASE+parameter = resets parameter to default value

• Like Like x 2
  3. OlivierFromGre

What? Not a bug? I cannot understand this choice made by the soft designer in this case. We need to be able to have an alternative solution from the hardware as you proposed. Or an new option in Maschine's settings to choose the default behavious when clearing automation.

4. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Preaching to the choir. Don't tell me, tell NI.

5. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Oh sh.. this is ridiculous - I would even prefer not to have an delete it in every pattern function but have only delete it in selected pattern

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheAndroid

TheAndroid NI Product Owner

This quick fix (hopefully :rolleyes:) would already help us do better automations - ie not jeopardize the whole arrangement by accidentally deleting the entire lane across a track. This is a bit ridiculous.

7. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Absolutely.

Absolutely.

8. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Yup this bollox has been going on for far too long and will probably never be resolved.. as per bloody usual.

9. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

This is one of those things that has been overlooked yet requested multiple times, currently, the 'clear auto' is pretty much useless.
    I turned the original thread into a new feature suggestion for this issue, it's now in the most requested features sticky also.

@OlivierFromGre I edited your post, since it's the first one, hopefully, you don't mind. :)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  10. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

11. OlivierFromGre

Of course I dont mind! Thanks a lot for the creation of the new feature request as a sticky.

Envoyé de mon SM-G900F en utilisant Tapatalk

12. Jiloo

Jiloo NI Product Owner

+1 from me too

Sent via Tapatalk | keep-disco-evil

13. D-One

This was added in 2.7.3
    • Clear Auto now removes Automation Events from the focus Pattern rather than Automation Parameters
    Marked as implemented, maybe there should be another thread for the other suggested shortcut enhancements?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Or maybe a "half-implemented" tag...

15. D-One

Firstly, I missed you on the forum Senpai, secondly... -.-

16. OlivierFromGre

Great, I'm happy to see NI solved this! I tested it and works the way I imagined. The shortcut improvement is less an issue in my opinion.

17. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Me too