Bitwig DAW control extension by Moss for Series II Keyboards

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Kymeia, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

It uses OSC so doesn't override my own script (in the KK repository in my sig under hardware) - so we can control DAW and devices now

In fact theoretically it looks like it would work even with no midi input selected (as in Live) but Bitwig won't allow that so I used the port 2

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  3. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Tutorial video by Moss showing it all working - very cool

You can also use the jogwheel to directly record into each cell in the mix view

4. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

So having tested it thoroughly now this adds a level of deep integration in Bitwig that is almost identical to that in Live (only major difference seems to be in how clip recording is done but both can do it). The only thing missing from both templates is Device support (which is inexplicably also missing from the Logic deep integration). For now my scripts for Bitwig and Live add that but it would be nice to see something more polished (by someone who unlike me actually knows how to script lol) and better integrated come out in future.

5. killmaster

killmaster NI Product Owner

Is it for Mk II only?

6. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Yes, there's already one for the Mark 1

7. killmaster

Yes, I see it but it appears to be only for Komplete Kontrol 1 software. Was wondering if there is one for MK I, Komplete Kontrol 2?

8. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

This is for the hardware - the software version is irrelevant, it loads both

9. killmaster

O, I see. thank you!

10. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Sorry I realise with hindsight that with KK2 (software) coincidentally coming out today the title could have been misread - I meant Series II Keyboards (so have edited it now). This enables integration in Bitwig for Series II Keyboards only, Series 1 keyboards already have that (regardless of whether they are loading KK1 or KK2).

11. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Thought there would be more interest in this - full Bitwig deep integration - here now. I know lot's of people were asking for it, this is it.

12. zolakaya

zolakaya New Member

Oh man, I'm so excited about this - Thank you sharing! Will you please help me troubleshoot why this is partially functional for me? Currently all functions seem to work except plug in lose focus when I navigate away from them like they should, but will not return when I navigate back. I've tried removing all other devices that use Moss' scripts or are Maschine devices to rule out conflict. I've updated KK firmware, drivers, OS (Win 10), Komplete (2.0) and Bitwig (2.3). I've tried running Bitwig as an Administrator. Removing, reinstalling the scripts and Extension. Disabled my Mackie controller that also uses MOss' script. Of note - when I re-assign or reset the controller in Bitwig, it does recognize the first KK Plug in and allows me to adjust the parameters. In fact when adding a new instrument it works as it should - but when I change tracks or navigate away, I cannot return to the Plug - In screen in KK. In fact, the plug in and browse buttons are disabled on the controller. Further, when I select instance there are no other instances recognized... Please help and thanks again for this!~
    Show less

13. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

This has been updated by Moss to improve record functionality and a few fixes, doesn't fix the instance issue but this seems to be something NI or Bitwig can only address.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  14. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Wow updated again and this time it adds a brilliant 'flexi' script that allows you to map any KK button or knob to a DAW function including device control (so my crappy template is no longer needed!)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  15. yassine

yassine New Member

Fantastic !
    Jürgen you are a HERO man :)

16. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

I exported a Flexi script setup to automap device params to the first page of 8 knobs and use the KK buttons to switch between the pages of a mapped device and also bringing up various functions - this works best when you also have setup devices to be controlled that way such as the ones in my repository of Bitwig devices:

Script

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v51upp5lu7rb8ju/Flexi Device Kontrol.txt?dl=1

Device repository

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ie17173tybqduc9/AADf5F-NsRVQnmwtVcQFtzeUa?dl=0

Buttons setup as follows

1 - Device Page <
    2 - Device Page >
    3 - Device <
    4 - Device >
    5 - Mixer panel
    6 - Devices panel
    7 - Notes panel
    8 - Automation panel

The second page available of KK knobs is freely assignable (using learn)

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  17. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

This is updated to version 3 and added Keyboard Mark 1 support too.

Thanks Jürgen

18. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

Wish we had something like this for Studio One.

19. moss

moss NI Product Owner

Just released a video, which explains how to make Bitwig work with multiple Komplete Kontrol instances.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  20. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

OK that's nice - does the Identifier have to be the first param of the first page or can I move it lower down so as not to waste the first page of param slots?