Bitwig-maschine controllerscript

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Emerah, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Emerah

Emerah New Member

same here ... you can however view the mini VST UI in Maschine MixerMode .. another Maschine related bug that needs fixing is midi input. when you set a Maschine sound to send midi to host, BWS receives midi signal (yellow flash) but you can not capture any recording to BWS tracks ... you have to switch to midi mode for recording through Maschine pads.

2. 33tetragammon

33tetragammon NI Product Owner

Let's make a separate thread for Maschine bugs in BitWig this shall we?
    That way we don't cloud threads with off-topic stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mr. Frenkie

Mr. Frenkie New Member

Emerah, please add macros to this script.
    I saw (and used) this in the Novation Launchkey script with my maschine controller. I set 2nd page knobs to CC41 - CC48 and buttons (CC117, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53) for switch macros mapping mode. i not understand scripting but I hope i helped you.

Sorry my english. :)

4. Emerah

Emerah New Member

@Toneshop @Mr. Frenkie

Maschine ControllerScript for BWS:

Script ver 1.1

- added NoteInput: you can now play instruments via Maschine's pads .. only in range from C3 to D#4
    - added Macro Controls for the selected device and colour indicators.
    - added bi-directional communication via observers for buttons, volume and pan controls. now buttons on Maschine will light up to indicate controls state. volume and pan control will pickup from the current value .. no jumps like in ver 1.0
    - MK1 and MK2 versions in the archive (Thanks goes to @33tetragammon for teaching me MK2's port names)

Install:

- place the "NativeInstruments" folder in "/Users/MaXchine/Documents/Bitwig Studio/Controller Scripts"

- Load the Maschine's Template via "ControllerEditor

- Go to BWS's preferences/Controllers page and press "Detect available controllers"

Planned for next update:
    - add observers for device parameters and macro controls
    - add octave transposition function to enable playing instruments over full keyboard range
    - add overdub and automation overdub in clip and arranger

PS. @33tetragammon please test MK2 script and let me know if it works for you.

PS. Installation Path: please change "MaXchine" to "YourUserName"

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  5. 33tetragammon

@Emerah :

Ok, i installed it following your included instructions.
    Regarding bidirectional communication:

put two devices after each other. Adjust settings on one via Maschine. Now move to the next device using the 'device' buttons on Maschine. Parameters jump because the settings from the selected device don't update on Maschine.
    This behaviour happens with Device Controls as well as Macro Controls.

If you switch between Device Controls and Macro Controls ON THE SAME DEVICE however, the displays get updated.

Feature request:

Could you add clip automation +overdub as well as arrangement automation + overdub somewhere in a future update? That would be awesome!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 33tetragammon

@Emerah

Update: Transport controls don't have bidirectional communication.
    Track up & down buttons: the 'all' button doesn't do anything. The 'auto write' button shows/hides the clip automation editor.

I'm off to do other things now. I'll be back in a few hours….

7. Emerah

Emerah New Member

@33tetragammon thanks for taking the time to do this :D

I have not set observers for device parameters and macros yet ... so at the moment its all jumpy as you described ... however in my post above I mentioned it in "Planned for next update"

I will add Clip/Arrangement overdub and automation overdub and to the next update ... :)

8. 33tetragammon

@Emerah No problem, glad i could help. Hit me up when you got some new stuff that needs testing.

9. EpikureeR

EpikureeR NI Product Owner

I suggest changing the color of "G" and "H",
    because they are different from the other Group Buttons.

I did it for myself, but I think it might help others to understand that those 2 buttons do something different than the others.

10. Bonus Beats

Bonus Beats NI Product Owner

Yo bro perhaps you can help me out here I am having trouble recording clip automation as it always seems to record in a free run style and not just loop over the clips automation, what I mean is that it will always record automation as the equivalent to abletons "Unlinked" function for clip automation.Im not %100 sure if Bitiwg even records "clip Automation" like Abletons but I am assuming that it does.Here is a picture of how BW is doing its free run thing the clip is about a bar or 2 in length but is recording well into 8-9 bars of automation.

Attached Files:

11. 33tetragammon

Yeah, i've noticed that also. I don't get the way it works honestly. When i record live knob tweaks it has this 'free running' behaviour. But when i use the mouse to draw in any type of clip automation it stays linked to the clip at all times.

Bug or feature?

Are you on KVR also? Might be more appropriate to continue this over there for the sake of keeping other threads (like this one) more to the point.

12. Bonus Beats

Im thinking about joining that forum for the random questions like this I'll do it tomorrow for sure.I am feeling like this is the big "deal breaker" as they put it, for me, MIDI and Audio routings were a big one as well but could have worked around it if I had to but this takes the whole work flow about it and puts it down the drain.

13. 33tetragammon

@kompletemail Can you reproduce this behaviour:

create an audio track, put some audio clips on it in the clip matrix. Press global record and global automation record and start recording by launching clips. Now hit the mute button, and again to un-mute it. I hear no audio whatsoever when it is un-muted anymore when recording.
    The only way i can hear the audio again is to stop the transport (and thus get out of global record mode), hit the global 'stop all launcher clips from playing and switch all tracks back to arrangement playback mode' button (please call it a 'back to arrangement' button for simplicity's sake).

14. Bonus Beats

sounds a bit complicated ;0 I can try tomorrow as I have just spent about 5 hours dealing with this clip automation research stuff and am brned out and it is 4 am here.Honestly the only thing I liked about bw is that it ran the audio tracks up and downwards and the scene's run left to right.
    I can just create clips in Abletons arrange page to get that same feel but its not quite as fun and the MIDI clips automations won't get copied over when I capture and insert scene's.

15. Toneshop

Toneshop NI Product Owner

Thx for all your work and sharing !

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  16. Toneshop

Toneshop NI Product Owner

Ok.fixed the track switching.

The CC NR in the Control Editor for Track> was on 37.
    Set it to 9 and it works again.:thumbsup:

17. Bonus Beats

would be cool if you could set up a button to engage the clip automation write button and the over dub automation button for the clip (not the global one's).

18. Burroughs

Burroughs New Member

Yes, a button for the overdub in clip mode would be great

19. Toby Emerson

Toby Emerson New Member

anybody get this working for the Maschine Studio?

20. mechanik meat

mechanik meat Account Suspended

auch wenns nicht zum thema passt
    mann muss das mal sagen :
    bitwig hatt einen an der waffel
    3 jahre rummachen und das prog läuft nicht stabil mit pc und mac
    weil da unbedingt noch linux reinmuss
    computerfreaks ....system
    taugt nix .

dabei kann sich jeder linux quatschkopp
    auch ein pc ins zimmer stellen oder?

• Like Like x 1