Bitwig Users

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by tempsperdu, Jul 19, 2019.

1. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

I got an offer on Bitwig 3 that finishes tomorrow but I like the look of the way it's going. Bearing in mind I already have too much stuff and Reaper and MuLab should I even be considering it???? :oops:

2. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

I hear good things about Bitwig but I also am not sure how it pans out with upgrade pricing down the road. There's some peeps on KVR that did posts of comparing the costs of staying up to date with Bitwig compared to other DAWs. You may want to check those. Either way, its going to cost more than Reaper.

If you get Bitwig it will be a learning curve and, all depends, do you want to invest time and effort learning a whole new DAW and what results will you get out of it in the end compared to taking that time and investing it into perfecting working with the DAW you already use. I look at it what are the results that you will get at the end. As I said, I heard its really good but its all Bitwig fanboi's so I take it with a grain of salt.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tempsperdu

Thanks,
    I wanted it mainly for the grid which seemed like something I could really like. I've not heard much bad about it and I didn't think the upgrade costs were that bad. Yes definitely dearer than Reaper though :D
    At the moment if no one attempts to put me off it I think I'm gonna go for it.

4. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

No don't do it ........................... :)

René

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. tempsperdu

LOL ..why???

6. telecode101

I think the only thing I can do is try the demo and if you like it, bite the worm.

what discount are they giving you? i see Arturia are back at the 50% off summer.

7. tempsperdu

It's about $100 off but ends in a few hours so no time to demo
    Screwed with Arturia then cos I went up to V7 when it came out.......what a dimmy :D :oops:

8. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

I've tried Bitwig several times over the years, including the latest version. It's OK. It's very limited. I prefer Ableton Live to Bitwig, but you know me, Reaper trumps all for flexibility and sheer power. I've not found anything that Reaper wasn't able to do, but Bitwig was irritatingly limited in a lot of ways.

My faith in Bitwig's development has also been knocked; prior to even the first version being released, they announced LAN/WAN collaboration (that's right, collaboration over the net!), and it didn't ship on launch. They then said it was coming in 2.0, and it didn't. Now 3 is here and it's still not available. There were quite a few features announced for Bitwig that ended up being vaporware.

I think it has a very long way to go.

• Like Like x 1
  9. René must be Unique

Don't be tempted to purchase.
    This offer is really coming up again.
    Use a demo to determine if it is for you.
    And if that's the case, you hit the next offer.

René

• Like Like x 1
  10. tempsperdu

oops too late....:oops:
    I wasn't that bothered per se from the DAW angle but I really was attracted to The Grid as an instrument. It seemed much lighter than the alternatives so I tossed a coin and the coin said yes. I hope I don't have to beat that coin up now :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. telecode101

so it would be $299 USD for the Studio edition? Thats not too bad for a DAW. Ableton Live is $800 I think for the suite.

12. tempsperdu

Yeah. Still a bit reckless of me really. I got far too seduced by The Grid videos really. I'm going to go and stand in the corner till it's finished installing................... o_O

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. telecode101

Let us know your experience with it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Deafkon

Deafkon NI Product Owner

Yes, I have it and with version 3 introducing The Grid built into the software itself, there is nothing else like it on the market.

I have been obsessed with Reason lately and building crazy sounds using Grain but plan to dive into the grid next.

Definitely worth it :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. René must be Unique

Have fun with your new acquisition.
    It is a good program, have ever used version one. ;)

René

• Like Like x 1
  16. Frankknuck

Frankknuck NI Product Owner

I've been demoing bitwig myself over the past couple weeks and I liked it so much I sold my Maschine and purchased a license. I'm all in on bitwig. I love the UI, I love the MIDI editing, I love the native modulation of everything and I haven't even tried the grid yet. I know people say the update scheme is not the greatest, but honestly I think the current software is enough for me to have at least of couple of years of fun with.

• Like Like x 2