Blog entry on djtechtools regarding traktor hacking

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by electro_fiend, Mar 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electro_fiend

electro_fiend Member

Some of you must have noticed a blog entry over on DJTechTools regarding a hack of Traktor so as to enable Scratch functionality with additional mixers.

My impression is that TechTools used to be on good terms with NI. So are they burning bridges now? Or is NI all right with this?

I'm just curious. Does NI consider this mod legal or illegal? Are they gonna bring an update which breaks the mod? Etc.

2. electro_fiend

electro_fiend Member

I hope I'm not breaking any rules with this thread. Note I'm not talking about some obscure .torrent site, I'm referring to a DJTechTools article in an general manner. There seems to be significant overlap between readers of the two forums anyway. It would be useful to know NI's stance when buying DJ gear.

3. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Welcome To The Forum.

DJTechTools have blogged an article that shows users how to do a hack that is in direct breach of the Traktor EULA. This is fact.

Unfortunately they did not see fit to mention that the hack breaches the EULA and probably the law on the blog.
    It was mentioned in the forum but only after much heated debate.
    I personally take very dim view of this which is why I have stayed out of the discussion although I can state here that I am very disappointed in DJTechTools.

No matter of opinion, the hack breaches the EULA and will not be discussed on this forum..

Karlos

[closed]

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.