1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Boost the volume in the headphones/Master

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by dj three, Dec 21, 2011.

1. dj three

dj three Forum Member

Its too low for Club applications.....I should'nt have to buy a headphone booster for the amount of money spent on this unit.......

2. Hits and kicks

Hits and kicks New Member

3. djwoody1437

djwoody1437 New Member

headphone volume level too low for club applications

i was just looking for a post on this issue as well, i noticed the volume wasn't very loud in the club i thought something else was the issue but i guess not....

4. Jaylark

Jaylark New Member

yeah mate defo need something its so quiet i cant hear

5. Gregwaah

Gregwaah New Member

I noticed today that the headphone volume knob on the S2 doesn't affect the headphone knob on Traktor. Have you turned up the volume on the Traktor interface? I got more sound from the headphones this way but I have not yet used the S2 in a loud club environment.

6. brocklambert

brocklambert Forum Member

Output is more than enough... simply increase the headphone gain in the software. I've been using the S4 in loud situations for over a year, and have never had an issue.

7. thebasementwonder

thebasementwonder NI Product Owner

Yes u can incerese the volume but when u do that it starts to distort als when u press the cue thats when i gets worse. I bought sennhesier headphones thinking its that but its diff the headphone output

8. ragavang43

ragavang43 Account Suspended

Yes u can incerese the volume but when u do that it starts to distort als when u press the cue thats when i gets worse.
    ya ya i think what they said is right! good!

9. Knivshult

Knivshult New Member

Adjust headroom in 2.1.2

Hi!
    In traktor pro 2 2.1.2 just go to
    File
    Preferences
    Mixer
    Headroom---adjust to NONE (u probably have -6)
    Try It...

10. thebasementwonder

thebasementwonder NI Product Owner

I will give this a shot but by giving yourself 0 headroom. U have no chance of adjusting sound for clipping etc

11. mlopez

mlopez New Member

I noticed the same issue with my S2. Lowering the headroom does affect headphone volume. Also, using the unit without it plugged in to an outlet will affect headphone volume. And having the main output set low will cause headphone volume to be low

12. Rui Reis

Rui Reis New Member

Anyone know how to adjust volume on the S4? Too low. Headphone Volume that is.

13. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

Use the AC adapter.

14. John Laffan

John Laffan NI Product Owner

unbelievable!

I've being puzzled, thinking my ears had gone west!

cheers team

15. markino2003@mac.com

markino2003@mac.com NI Product Owner

I totally agree, a big problem!

16. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

I'm sure my S4 could easily cause hearing damage at its maximum volume output. Either some of your settings are off (headroom, gain) or you have very power hungry headphones.

17. markino2003@mac.com

markino2003@mac.com NI Product Owner

I tried several headphones, the S4 output level is not enough and if I push up to the maximum the headphones level the sound is distorted.
    I don't have any problem connecting all my headphones to a Pioneer pro mixer.
    Of course my headroom is a -13 DB 'cause I often use simultaneously all the S4 channels.

18. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

Headroom affects headphone volume. Turn down your Master volume instead, and keep headroom at -3/0.

19. Alex125Rus

Alex125Rus New Member