Both decks loop when only set up on one deck

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by squeeam, Dec 17, 2013.

1. squeeam

squeeam New Member

When I create a loop on a track on deck A with 2 cue points on the same beat (one to fade out and one to loop), deck B will then loop at the fade in point as well. So instead of a 4 bar loop repeating 4 times on deck A whilst deck B plays, deck B will also loop until I take deck A out of the loop.

How can I stop Traktor doing this. Is it because my cue point on deck A is set to fade out and loop on the same beat? It doesn’t happen with every track.

I hope this makes sense.

Cheers

Squeeam

2. squeeam

squeeam New Member

Bump

3. squeeam

squeeam New Member

Happy New Year.

Bump

4. Deucer

Deucer NI Product Owner

Maybe you have activated the fade-in/fade/out markers in your settings. This will cause the other deck to start playing when the playhead reaches the fade-out marker.

5. squeeam

squeeam New Member

Hey Deucer, thanks for replying.

Maybe I haven't explained this so well. For example, I have a fade out on deck A and a fade in on deck B. I may want to loop the fade in on deck B for a smooth transition but deck A will loop as well. I have not set up a loop on deck A.

This seems to only happen with some tracks.

I hope that makes it clearer and either you or some one else have a solution.

Regards

Squeeam

6. squeeam

squeeam New Member

Anyone out there able to help? Please.

Bump.

7. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

not sure if i understand you right. but if you deactivate the loop, it wont loop further.

8. squeeam

squeeam New Member

Thanks for responding.

What I want to happen is have one deck looping whilst the other one plays normally. Only one deck is set up to loop. And yes, when I deactivate it both decks will then stop looping. And they are different tracks.

It's an odd one as it doesn't loop both decks at the same time with all tracks.

Any other suggestions?

9. DJ Freshfluke

please comment on your setup and how your workflow is... of course, if you deactivate one deck, the other should not be affected. so maybe there is sth wrong with the mapping?

10. squeeam

squeeam New Member

My setup (which I thought I'd setup in my profile) is Asus X53E laptop, 6gb ram, i5 and 750gb hd. I'm using Traktor Pro with a Traktor S4.

Workflow? Hmm, not sure what you mean.

Regards mappings. If you mean on my S4 I haven't changed any mappings unless you mean any changes I've made in preferences.

Like I say it happens on some tracks and not on others.

And thanks for taking the time to respond.

11. DJ Freshfluke

which exact traktor version?

workflow means describing the steps you do. you can either describe it or possibly record a video?

12. squeeam

squeeam New Member

I have updated to 2.6.7 but it has happened with earlier versions.

With regards workflow it really is as simple as loading a track into deck A and a track into deck B.

Set up my fade out point on track A, set up a fade in point AND a seperate loop point, on the same beat, on track B.

What happens then is track B comes in at the fade in point and loops (so far so good) but track A instead of just playing out for the rest of the song will also loop for the same amount (8 beats for example).

Track A should not duplicate what track B is doing. And the tracks are two different songs.

I hope this is clearer and that you can help.

Cheers

Squeeam

13. DJ Freshfluke

i can only imagine that there is sth wrong with the mapping. what happens with the active button on both decks? (yeah, sometimes a video says more than thousand words ;) )

14. squeeam

squeeam New Member

I can't remember at the moment what happens with the active buttons. I'll try and get a video together tonight and hopefully it will demonstrate better.

Thanks again

15. squeeam

squeeam New Member

16. DJ Freshfluke

LOL!

now i got what you meant and i'm absolutely astonished. it's a brilliant example of a bug you found there! ^^

i dont have a short explanation why this happens, but this definitely IS a software bug and not a user error...
    i'll forward that internally and also ask you to contact support on this (to make the issue internally as fix-worthy trackable).

17. squeeam

squeeam New Member

Brilliant! It would have to be me that this problem happens to.

I'll contact support and let you know what happens.

And thanks for confirming that it shouldn't be doing this. For a while I thought it was me doing it wrong and not Traktor.

18. DJ Freshfluke

on first sight i was thinking the same. ^^

this is why i love videos. often enough you see then the small important bits that help understanding what is happening... it's definitely a funky side effect.

i filed it as TP-7982

19. squeeam

squeeam New Member

A bit more information which may or may not be relevant.

Whilst preparing some tracks last night for a mix, just using my laptop with Traktor Pro and no S4 plugged in, it happened again. Different tracks to those in the video but just wanted to say that it happens whether the controller is plugged in or not. Which obvioulsy points to the software.

Hope this is of use.

20. DJ Freshfluke

i have no doubt at all that this is a software bug. must be sth in the cue point handling.

technically speaking, traktor handles cue points as loops with a length of 0.

so sth gets mangled here when you have another type of cue point sitting on the same place. if you move the fade cue point only a milimeter (disabling snap and then setting it right next to the loop in point) i bet it doesnt happen.

edit: our dear moderator karlos just let me know that he could reproduce the issue. sth so easy reproducable should be fixed easily. not sure how it will be priorized by NI, though.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014