1. Guest, have you heard? We’re moving early January.

We're hard at work on a new space for the online community where it's easier for you to jump into conversations, share your ideas, and find what you're looking for. Also, you’ll finally be able to log-in with just your NI account.

Please make sure your email address used in the forum is the same as your Native ID. That way your account will be transferred to the new community and you’ll be among the first to get access.

Check your email

If you have any questions or want to read more about our new space - check our thread here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

MacOS 12 (Monterey) is officially out. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status in our knowledge base area

If you have any questions or feedback about this update, please use the thread - here

Bringing more to our online community - our forum is moving soon!

Discussion in 'NI Website and Forums' started by Matt @ NI, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey everyone!

It’s been a bit quiet for me around here but I’m excited to be able to share some good news.

Our online community - or forum (here in its current shape) was set-up sixteen years ago. I’m sure you can tell how long it has been especially considering how much the internet has changed during that time.
    For the past few months, we’ve been working hard to re-think what we would like to bring to our online community and how to be more consistent and transparent about the things we do.

While conversations online are now happening across dozens of different channels, we are doubling down on the importance of having a dedicated space for you to share with each other, with us, and connect about the topics that matter most.

Cool story, what does it really mean for us?
    We started building a completely new online community with the help of a new provider and we are moving discussions there, hopefully, by the end of the year. The platform has been completely redesigned to match what you are talking about the most and to give us the ability to evolve it as we go. We’re including some brand new features like tags, ranks, the ability to mark a discussion as a question and a lot more fun things. We’re also creating a better structure for our internal teams including support and product development to help them join the conversations.

What’s next?
    We’re now getting ready to test the platform and tweak a few things. We want the development of our community to be a collaborative process and we’ll involve everyone to help shape the platform as soon as it's live. We are also planning the transition to be as quick and easy as possible. We’ll do our best to make sure you’ll always find a community space open and reduce downtime as much as possible.

We’ll share more updates about the progress, pictures of the new platform and inform you on how the transition will go soon.

In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions or share some feedback right below :)

Matt

• Like Like x 18
  2. Felwinter

Felwinter New Member

More forum features will be great, although having an official Discord channel would make a greater impact for us.

Also, while I have your attention, are there any plans to bring retina-resolution for this version of Traktor Pro? I'm at a point where I need to decide if I stick with Traktor Pro and I honestly don't want to keep squinting my eyes.

Thanks.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. iRelevant

iRelevant NI Product Owner

I'm fairly new on here, and there is a vast amount of material ... which is good. However I miss a general main section, sort of a town square, more editorial in nature, also more for general discussions and announcements. Not so much focused on the nitty gritty of technical problems, which there are plenty of sub-forums for ... but on a higher level of abstraction, more loose, for reflections, observations, opinions etc. A meeting place.

• Like Like x 2
  4. darkwaves

darkwaves NI Product Owner

Please provide the ability to ignore a thread.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Matt @ NI

Discord is also something we're looking at actually but it's not suitable for all kind of conversations. There's still a lot of technical topics being discussed here and having an open, documented and searchable platform is still essential.

That would be a question for the Traktor section, let's stick on topic for this one ;)

• Like Like x 5
  6. Matt @ NI

Good point and we did create a general category with three separate sub-sections including general chats, a space dedicated for News (announcement, releases, business update, Q&A ...) and a place to share music.
    The structure is also quite flexible so we can always change based on usage and feedback.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Matt @ NI

I don't seem to be able to see this out of the box but there's a bunch of add-ons we can look at.
    How do you see the workflow with such feature? Ignore and not seeing that thread anywhere on the platform?

8. darkwaves

darkwaves NI Product Owner

Yes. I assume you lurk over at gearslu... gearspace. It has a similar function. Someone posts a thread about using maschine with ableton. I don't care about ableton. Lots of people do; so this thread keeps popping up at the top of the forum. I don't want to ignore the author; I just don't need to see that thread.

No big deal if your new software can't; but I think it's a useful feature.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Matt @ NI

Ah yeah I see what you mean now, I'll put it down as a feature to check :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Thanks, Matthieu connects me via e-mail and got my answer at once.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Matt @ NI

Hey Paule!
    I got your email today and I will get back to you later today but everything is there :)

12. TheAndroid

TheAndroid NI Product Owner

Hi Matt, you and the team should check out https://www.discourse.org/ (i.e. Discourse but NOT Discord :p).
    Very intuitive, real time, modern looking and UX.

This is what's running behind Elektron forum - elektronauts.com - and if I had to deploy a forum, I would certainly pick this tool.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Wow that's some good news

Uwe

• Like Like x 3
  14. ANDREW221231

ANDREW221231 NI Product Owner

is it planned to move previous content/discussions to this new platform? any idea about what will happen to files already posted to this forum? there's a lot of good stuff posted here over the years (particularly for reaktor) and it would be a real shame if they were all to kaput

• Like Like x 5
  15. Philippe

Philippe NI Product Owner

Hi Matt @ NI, so the project went forward after our initial conversations, nice. If you need any feedback again, I guess you still have my email. ciao

• Like Like x 1
  16. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

You can unfollow, not via the app but on website under the headline.

Uwe

17. Philippe

yes, there is a huge knowledge base here, lots of intos, tips, examples, files, fixes…

• Like Like x 5
  18. ANDREW221231

kinda wonder how feasible something like that even is :eek:

19. Philippe

yes :confused:
    Probably simpler to let it online but just in read state. But it could create confusion having two forums ...

20. ANDREW221231

the flowstone/synthmaker forums moved around a few times as they changed ownership. what they or someone in that community ended up doing was archiving the whole thing, so basically a big zip file containing all saved pages and then all the files in a single folder

• Like Like x 2