Broadcasting Icecast Streams to a Shoutcast Server

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by DLchmst, Dec 26, 2012.

1. DLchmst

DLchmst New Member

I came across a Winamp thread that talked about broadcasting a Traktor DJ stream to a Shoutcast server. The thread talked about using two PC's one windows one Linux with the two encoders installed on separate PC's.....(was not trying to use two pcs or any thing as elaborate. All from one pc).......

Can someone tell me if this is a valid technique for broadcasting a Traktor stream and if it is a commonly used technique?....I can see how this technique could be greatly improved by running each encoder on a separate computer.

What is needed in the configuration that I found is this:
    Win Amp 5.6.3 or greater for Win7
    Shoutcast DSP Encoder Plugin
    Traktor DJ Studio 3
    Icecast 2

Windows 7 Computer
    This is my present configuration:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name LCHMST-PC
    System Manufacturer ASUSTEK COMPUTER INC
    System Model P5W DH Deluxe
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz, 1869 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 2206, 7/24/2007
    SMBIOS Version 2.4

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 6.00 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1.15 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 12.0 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 6.61 GB
    Page File Space 6.00 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

The configuration is pretty straight forward. First installed WinAmp 5.6.3. I then installed the DSP Plugin for Shoutcast configuring it to the Shoutcast server information that was supplied when I signed up for the free stream hosting.

Traktor DJ Studio 3 was already installed on my computer so it was a matter of configuring it to stream my sets. I installed IceCast 2 and checked to see that it was broadcasting and had at least one client connection when the broadcast button in Traktor was engaged.

I am streaming to port 8000 on the loopback address 127.0.0.1: and the Mountpoint is /stream.ogg , passworrd: hackme...........(TRAKTOR DJ STUDIO 3 SETTINGS)

Open the Icecast Streaming Server page to verify connection http://127.0.0.1:8000/admin/. To broadcast the stream to shoutcast, you can either click the m3u (playlist) link at top of the page (provided winamp is your default media player). Or you can type in the the link http://127.0.0.1:8000/ into the open URL field of the player.

Make sure that you are logged in to the Shoutcast server and that the Shoutcast DSP Plugin can connect to the server. Mute the Player and the Webstream if you are listening from the webplayer. You can log in from a remote computer or have a friend stream the broadcast to verify that the connection is established.

That's it Enjoy.

***NOTE THAT THIS CONFIGURATION IS STRICTLY FOR WINDOWS OS AND DOES NOT REQUIRE A SECOND LINUX BASED SYSTEM TO STREAM THE BROADCAST.

***KNOWN ISSUES WITH THIS CONFIGURATION IS THAT TRAKTOR CRASHES WHEN NOT STREAMING OR WHEN IT IS IDLE WITHIN 10 SECS OF PLAYING THE LAST SONG.....(THIS ISSUE MAY BE PECULIAR TO MY SYSTEM/CONFIGURATION. A RE INSTALLATION OF TRAKTOR IS SLATED WHICH MAY SOLVE THE PROBLEM)

Can anyone suggest why Traktor maybe crashing when the unit is idle seems to be a memory issue as it mentions an error reading address 0x000000 (or similar)

You can see a screen shot here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/61974856@N04/8309592833/in/photostream/lightbox/
    Prior to this configuration, I had no problems with Traktor crashing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  2. DLchmst

DLchmst New Member