1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Browse computer files from hardware screens

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by robertge, Sep 18, 2017.

1. robertge

robertge NI Product Owner

The request is just to allow the browser to see the local files from the hardware, just like you only need to click "files" to see them in the plugin.

The MPC touch also has this ability with no scanning or library required

There is life outside of the maschine libraries. I have many samples and it would be very good to browse them from the controller, especially with the new one coming out soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

You can add folders to your User Library, turn on "User Browsing" and scroll thru anything that is not from Native.
    You can add folder by using the Library tab on the preferences or use the browser, right click folder and select "Add to library"

3. robertge

Why did you mark this as denied? It's still a feature request to browse from the hardware without having to add to the library.

• Like Like x 1
  4. D-One

You didn't specify it so I naturally assumed you were unaware that folders can be added and browsed if added to the library.
    Maschine has to scan folders in order to display and organize what are samples, projects, groups, sounds, instruments, tags, etc...
    What you are requesting would mean your whole hard drive would have to be scanned at every startup, that would take a really long time... It doesn't make much sense, but hey.. it's your request.

Denied tag removed.

5. robertge

The request is just to allow the browser to see the local files from the hardware, just like you only need to click "files" to see them in the plugin, and this does not require any scanning.

The MPC touch also has this ability with no scanning or library required

thanks

• Like Like x 1
  6. D-One

Hum... I guess if it displays everything contained in folders bunched together it wouldn't need a scan and could be useful.
    I edited the OP a bit to make your suggestion more clear. :thumbsup:

This would require some new navigational method to change folders though.