1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Bug Browsing samples extremely slow (Type - Character)

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Reefius, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

When browsing factory samples, whenever anything is selected under 'Characters', selecting a different type of sample becomes very slow.

Anyone else having this? I'm on Win 10 with a pretty decent PC (Intel i7 8700) and all samples are on an external SSD.

It's especially annoying when browsing using the controller, because the knob doesn't seem to react and then suddenly skips a few items.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. AxMusic

AxMusic NI Product Owner

yup that's happening to me as well

• Like Like x 1
  3. v00d00ppl

v00d00ppl NI Product Owner

Version 2.8.5?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chilled

Chilled NI Product Owner

Yep, latest version. Thats with my sample libraries and most large vat libraries on Glyph Atom Raid at 800+ speed. Go figure. Sometime things pop very fast other's slow.

5. kaotik78

kaotik78 NI Product Owner

Same, v2.8.5 Mac Pro 3.33 x 2 128gb ram and it’s a dog for some reason? At first I thought running a Mk3 and a Jam together was taxing it but it’s the same either way.

The encoders do skip intended selections and become hard to use as you say Reefius, when browsing.

6. Chilled

Chilled NI Product Owner

I don't use Jam but have KK Mk2 and Maschine Mk3 and I experience the same thing. Skips over intended selection. Quite annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CADILLAKTRACKZ

CADILLAKTRACKZ NI Product Owner

HEY YALL I HAD TO LOGIN SO I COULD COMMENT BEFORE D ONE! HAHA. THIS IS A COMMON PROBLEM AND IT HAPPENS BECAUSE YOU HAVE ADDED ALL YOUR SAMPLES TO THE MASCHINE BROWSER, THATS A BIG NO NO AND WILL MAKE YOUR BROWSING GO VERY SLOW. DONT ADD YOUR SAMPLE LIBRARIES TO THE MASCHINE BROWSER, I HAD A 200+ GB DRUM LIBRARY I ADDED LONG AGO SO I COULD ACCESS THEM FROM THE HARDWARE BROWSER. IT MADE MY BROWSER RUN SLOW AND CHOPPY, AND I HELPED SOME OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAD THIS PROBLEM, SO I WILL POST A LINK TO THAT VIDEO. JUST KEEP THE SAMPLES ON YOUR COMPUTER AND BROWSE TO THEM USING THE MASCHINE SOFTWARE BROWSER, ADD JUST A FEW OF YOUR MOST IMPORTANT CUSTOM KITS BUT ONLY A FEW. PEACE!

8. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

I don't have any user content in Maschine, this is about factory content (Maschine Factory Library + expansions).

I also don't have a broken caps lock key :p

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. kaotik78

kaotik78 NI Product Owner

Same here actually. Just Maschine factory content, NI expansion packs and NI instruments.

10. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

Yeah this is an issue more with the latest Tagging system, not about the number of files you have in your db and it also happens in Komplete Kontrol

Browsing with any Type tags is fine but if you select Character tags then switching between Types becomes painfully slow. I have a feeling it is how the database is being queried for the selected character tags when you select a new type.

The only solution is to make sure you deselect the character tags completely when switching Types

11. anthony-1979

anthony-1979 New Member

Hi, this is still happening in 2020 on the latest 2.10.1 version. It happens while browsing NI content and expansions. As soon as I select a character to narrow down the search, it loads that sound but then it becomes impossible to select other tags as there becomes a lag of about 7 seconds before the next tag is highlighted. I thought it would be resolved by now being 2020 and 6 months after the initial complaint.

12. gguney

gguney New Member

Hi, this problem happens to me aswell,

I have samples like 500 600 GB size. Some of them has 150 folders inside. I organized them for vendor then package name. They all are in external drive, but I copied them to internal SSD and problem still exists.

When I try to browse them on maschine it does lag. When I try to turn the knobs for browsing it lag like 5 seconds. It is unusable. It only happens for like 100 200 folders. For small folders there is no problem.

I have i9 2020 macbook pro and 32 gig rams. So, it is not the problem with computer or the slow harddisk or SSD because problem also happens on mac's internal SSD.

Is there any solution to fix that? or any workaround?

13. kenjutzu

kenjutzu New Member

Adding my name to this list as well. Hadn't used Maschine in a long while but after updating to the latest software and firmware the browser will periodically freeze for a few seconds or more. I've had it last a lot longer than 5 seconds. My library is on a spinning platter HD but this has never happened before. Very frustrating vibe killer and almost unusable. Please fix!

14. fritonull

fritonull New Member

Same for me. After Updating to latest Maschine Version AND after buying/adding two more expansions, hardware AND software browser acting slow... The deeper into sub-categories, the more it behaves close to Not usuable.
    Desparatelly need support

15. lavin80r

lavin80r New Member

Still happening to me a lot in 2.12.

16. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Sorry, I somehow missed this thread.
    Tagged as a bug.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

Aside from sample browsing, I noticed some lagging when cycling through destinations when using Aux sends.
    Or is it only me?

18. lavin80r

lavin80r New Member

Thanks D-One, you're the MVP as usual.

The last issue I had got fixed as part of 1.12 which I was very happy about.

19. jef

jef NI Product Owner

Not just you... This was very slow on the M+ for me, but normal in Maschine tethered.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bobby L'Avenir

Bobby L'Avenir New Member

I actually came on here today because I'm totally fed up of this happening ever since Maschine 2 came out. Is it only under certain conditions for you? It happens as standard with all of my entire user and NI libraries on the MK2 & MK3 hardware, regardless. I still rock 1.8 and my MK2 mostly because it is so slow and laggy to get to sounds on the MK3 with Maschine 2. Maschine 1.8 on the same system accessing the exact same sample folders is lighting quick in comparison, I've sent in videos showing this many times.

I have already added my entire user library folder by folder into Mashince 2, still super slow and laggy :(
    So is the finally being addressed? I'm praying it is over here. NI said to me years ago that they will be adding this issue to the list of fixes but years have past and it's still the same o_O

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020