1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Bug - Cannot name presets from within Komplete Kontrol VST

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by RedwardMc, May 23, 2020.

1. RedwardMc

RedwardMc NI Product Owner

As the title says, I saw someone had an issue last year in Cubase and it's still an issue (I'm on Studio One). When you try to save a preset the computer keyboard will not respond to your typing, only the DAW is responding to the keyboard.

2. Blindeddie

Blindeddie Well-Known Member

It appears the host is stealing keystrokes, which is a function of the host. Not sure if there is a setting in Studio One to “Pass keystrokes to VST windows”. Might want to check if there is option that needs to be set.

3. RedwardMc

No. This is only a problem for Massive X in Komplete Kontrol. Massive X VST works fine, as do other VST within Komplete Kontrol. Of course no other VST has this problem in Studio One/Cubase. You should test it yourself.

4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Well-Known Member

Except if he doesn't own S1/Cubase, he can't, but he can provide a thought or two which he did. A bit less condescending, please.

5. RedwardMc

Sorry I mean, you should test it in your DAW to confirm it's a bug. Nothing condescending here, I'm trying to provide as much information as I can.

6. Blindeddie

My misunderstanding was due to the fact that it was not clear that you were saving a preset in Massive X inside of KK inside of Studio one. So after you actually explained the steps.I tested it in the DAW that I use that has an option to “send all keystrokes to Plugin” and I was able to save a preset in Massive X and save a KK NKS preset for that instance of Massive X without issue.

So I can’t replicate this behavior in My DAW which means it is not a Massive or KK bug!

7. RedwardMc

Yes this is a bug, you yourself said you need a workaround in your DAW. For this product only (and I assume you have to turn that feature off again to use your DAW's shortcuts). If you're satisfied with that, great. I'm not here for help or a workaround, I came here to report a bug to NI, if they don't care, oh well.

8. Blindeddie

It is not a workaround, it is a feature/function of the software... I also tested in Ableton and FL studio, and out of the box (not having to click any buttons or enable any features/functions) I was able to save Massive X presets inside of KK... If you wish to believe that the shortcoming of your chosen DAW is a bug in another piece of software, then so be it.

Edit: Also tested in Reaper and it worked there too...

Peace,

Blindeddie

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  9. RedwardMc

You're not going to convince me this is a "feature", ha.
    This is not a shortcoming of Presonus/Cubase, if everything else works but one VST (including other NI). But I see this doesn't affect you, that's good. Actually I don't usually use KK so doesn't affect me either. Doesn't mean there's not an issue with the software.
    Here's another thread where people have the same issue,
    https://support.native-instruments....236838-Not-possible-to-rename-a-preset-en-us-
    I should've posted there, not the forum. I'm out.