Bug? Cannot relocate Maschine 2 Library or NBPL to external HD

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by audiodacious, Oct 1, 2018.

1. audiodacious

audiodacious New Member

Operating System: OS X Sierra ( also happens on another machine running beta Mojave )
    Maschine Version: 2.7.8
    Controller Model: Mk3

Bug description:

A:
    Move "Maschine 2 Library" to an external HD.
    Run Native Access to "Relocate"

B:
    Move "Maschine 2 Library" to an external HD.
    Launch Maschine and in "Preferences/Library" manually attempt to point Maschine at the new Location.

Observed Results:

A:
    Native Access reports that the new location already exists in the database.
    Actually it doesn't matter which directory you point Native Access to, it will always report the same error which suggests that in fact some other error has happened and NA is simply reporting a built in error message even though it's incorrect.

B:
    Maschine reports a "Duplicate Location" error.
    Again, it doesn't matter which directory you point Maschine to, it will always report the same error which suggests that in fact some other error has happened and Maschine is simply reporting a built in error message even though it's incorrect.

Expected Results:
    I'd like to be able to move my Maschine factory library to another location ;)

Reproducibility: Consistently

Notes:
    I have successfully move all Maschine's content library to the external HD by following NI's instructions to move the folders and then run Native Access to "Relocate". That worked fine, it's only Maschine's Factory Library and the NBPL folder that cannot be moved as described above.
    My internal HD is running low on space and I'd very much like to be able to free up the 16 gig these folders are occupying.

I also tried working around the issue by using Alias's and Symbolic Links but that didn't work either :(

2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

From my experience relocate doesn't work the NBPL (Preview Library), the only way around it is re-installing on a new location, but the Maschine Library always worked fine with Relocate. Have you tried with the newly released NA 1.7.1?

3. dreddiknight

dreddiknight NI Product Owner

This happened to me a few months ago.
    I can't remember what I did, but it involved deleting a couple of files somewhere in an NI folder...

Support should be able to help.

4. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

Does maschine let you set the path to a completely unrelated folder , if so set it to something unrelated and then try to set it to where you moved the library

5. audiodacious

audiodacious New Member

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions, which I hadn't noticed until now, in the end I "solved" the issue by completely re-installing the software with the desired library location. Maybe overkill but it worked :)

6. Ska21

Ska21 New Member

I am having the same issue. What did you reinstall? Thanks.

7. AL’DREAD

In native access reinstall previews and the maschine 2 library, native access should tell you they need repairing

8. Ska21

Ska21 New Member

They do but Native Access refuses to relocate if the folder names don't match the Native access name of the content. NBPL folder doesn't match Previews. Same with Maschine 2 Library. Maschine 2 Library folder name doesn't match with Maschine 2 Factory Library name on Native Access.

9. AL’DREAD

For some reason you can’t relocate either of those , so you have to re download them

10. Ska21

Ska21 New Member

I can download them into the external hard drive by changing the preferences in Native Access but the installation path on NBPL doesn't change in if you click on the NBPL. I could be mistaken, but that means that NI wouldn't know that NBPL folder is on another location.

11. AL’DREAD

Delete the original folders , then open native access and download

12. Ska21

Ska21 New Member

That did the trick. Thank you very much for your patience and expertise.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ska21

Ska21 New Member

And of course nothing ever goes smooth with NI...I have duplicate presets in the Maschine Browser because there is a Maschine 2 Library folder and a Maschine 2 Factory Selection folder which has many of the same presets.

14. AL’DREAD

Ok , think I kinda noticed this on mine , goto the folder with everything in , find library and remove it ,

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  15. Ska21

Ska21 New Member

Remove the Maschine 2 Factory Selection?

16. AL’DREAD

Yeah that’s the basic one