Bug: NI website doesn't work with Lastpass

Discussion in 'NI Website and Forums' started by gNNY, Jun 11, 2019.

1. gNNY

gNNY NI Product Owner

Hi,

for some time now I've entrusted my passwords to the password manager Lastpass. The add-on for Firefox won't work with the login UI of the NI website. The input fields are overlaid with icons on the far left where the Lastpass input icons are located. This makes it hard for a user to activate the fill-in mechanism of Lastpass. When a user manages to activate Lastpass' input mask, the data isn't filled into NI login text fields. The workaround is to manually copy username and password out of the add-on and into the input fields.

A fix to this problem that allows a direct interaction of the Lastpass add-on with the login fields is greatly appreciated. It works on the forum login page but not on NI's main page.

Cheers
    Andreas

2. Simchris

Simchris NI Product Owner

Probably need to report the issue to lastpass, as it works for me with roboform

3. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

Also works for me with Dashlane

4. p1afff

p1afff NI Product Owner

Since a month or two, I have to login almost everytime I open a session in these forums. Was n to the cas before. Everyone too ?

5. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

I'd recommend clearing your cache and cookies, that normally resolves this issue.

Which web browser are you using? I'm on Chrome myself, and Chrome allows you to only delete cache/cookies for a certain domain name. So you could only delete the NI stuff, while leaving the other intact.

In Chrome its as follows:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Click Advanced Settings at the very bottom
    3. Under Privacy and security click Site Settings
    4. Click View permissions and data stored across sites
    5. Enter native-instruments.com in the search field
    6. Click the 3 dots, and delete the data

• Like Like x 1
  6. p1afff

p1afff NI Product Owner

Safari and Chrome. Will try these steps. Thanks.

7. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

After uploading an ensemble in the Reaktor user library my login is perdu.
    Is the automatic logout from U/L a bug? It's confirmed yesterdays the first time today the second.

• Like Like x 1