1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Bug where long notes drop out when they reach loop point

Discussion in 'Scripting Workshop' started by Mike Heimburger, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Mike Heimburger

Mike Heimburger New Member

I have a sample library that I created that has this problem. I recorded a track with some long held notes. It worked fine while I was playing it and for the first 3 or 4 times playing it back while adding other tracks. Then all of a sudden it started having notes drop out before they should. I noticed that the Disk Meter in Kontakt flashes red the moment each note drops out but stays at zero percent.

I looked this up and found other users had identified that it happens with some samples when they reach a looping point. I also heard that it has been a recognized bug for a while but is notoriously hard to reproduce, making it difficult to troubleshoot and fix.

Well, I have a sample library and a project in Logic that seems to be doing it fairly reliably. When it first started happening I was able to save and close out of Logic and then reopen it and it started working again. But within about 3 or 4 playbacks it was back to dropping notes. I've done this a few times and it is the same each time. So, if it will help with this bug I'd be happy to share the Logic project and the sample that is having the problem. Could this be of any help?

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Well-Known Member

Do those loop points also have a loop crossfade defined? That would be the issue - a very long standing one which manifests itself with loops randomly dropping out, if a loop has loop xfade defined and you're in DFD mode.

3. Mike Heimburger

Mike Heimburger New Member

Yes there are crossfades at the loop point. In my case I'm alright with turning DFD off to work around it. I was just wondering if my project and instrument might be helpful to any developers who are working on this problem since it seems to be happening regularly on my machine with this project and instrument.

4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Well-Known Member

The issue is well known and reproduction case NKI already exists.