Building Blocks - Interface Pitfalls / Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'Building With Reaktor' started by Brett Lavallee, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

100 is mostly the limit of Blocks IMO.

2. Vanhapolle

Vanhapolle NI Product Owner

And how i set texts what these outputs/inputs show? i found i think palce what sets pop texts but i mean other one text.

3. Vanhapolle

Its core limited five outputs ? at least i dont found way do more. even removing them i dont get luck. if i need single output. this case i need many outputs. i trying develop osc what generates and all of them sametime no more details. like eurorack oscs what generate all waves sametime.

4. Vanhapolle

i found way copy these panel gui output/input connectors but i dont found way connect processing stuff to them. this is harder than i expected but i want use my idea with Factor made and users Reaktor Blocks. and if i do without blocks my visions i need develop bigger gui elements.

5. Brett Lavallee

Brett Lavallee NI Product Owner

I’m not quite sure what you mean. Can you include a screenshot?

You can usually right click a GUI element and click “show structure in other pane” which will take you to its location in the code. You can then edit them to some degree, hopefully achieving what you want.

This works unless the element is covered by a mouse over area. If this is the case, you can still find the location with a bit of work. Just move the mouse area temporarily and right click the elements that were under it. Be sure to move it back when you’re finished.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Brett Lavallee

There are some very large knobs that work with the Blocks format. Search the user library for uploads by Efflam Le Bivic, and you will find them there.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jody McDougle

Jody McDougle New Member

Brett, this tutorial looks beautiful! i am new to Blocks, but it has caught my attention! i love to create! it's fun to have sounds readily available which you can edit, but it's a whole different world when it's something that you've actually created! reminds me of modifying guitar pedals, programming on my old MicroKorg, and some of the circuit bent type of creative process!

if you would ever like to collaborate on an instructional video, future tutorials, sound design, etc. i would love that! i am always doing some type of art.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Brett Lavallee

If you're able to make videos like that, feel free to turn the content of this post into a tutorial!
    It would be great if you could inspire more people to build Blocks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Vanhapolle

i mean these connectors what you see in this screen shot. i found way relabel them but i dont found way connect them in inside block.i found these original ones but no way add new ones expect copying old one. i can add inputs/outputs to this process cell inside but they dont show outside of this process cell. i can of course do new core cell but makes thing harder if this other one needs things from other one.(i modify saw osc for example many ways i dont need again new one etc i try develop oscilator module what uses basic waveforms to do new ones). and imagined core cell has limit how many inputs/outputs can have but when i do new one themre seems no limit for it. at least quickly seems like this. How this can solved?

10. Vanhapolle

i mean these connectors what you see in this screen shot. i found way relabel them but i dont found way connect them in inside block.i found these original ones but no way add new ones. i can add inputs/outputs to this process module inside but they dont show outside of this process module.

11. Brett Lavallee

The screenshot didn’t show up.

Please try again because I’m not sure what you’re asking.

Im not sure why a core cell wouldn’t let you add as many inputs and outputs as you want. Are you copying things from factory blocks? Some of the modules, such as certain ones in the Monark Blocks are locked to keep NI’s code a secret.

12. Vanhapolle

i try modify their block template. and this input thing in gui side i found way do only problem what is still here process core cell i cannot add inputs/outputs of course i can do new cell what do part of process. and i understand NI secrets in these modules they are not free and i bet no so easy even develop even more when they try emulate something real or be really unique but still useful even such is hard do.

Attached Files:

13. Brett Lavallee

input.png

To add inputs and outputs to the panel, create them as normal, and then set their visibility to on.

Note the different A and B views. To work in Racks mode inputs must be visible in view B.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Vanhapolle

Only way create them is copy original ones? Or how. I tried look. I dont found how do more inputs/outputs processing core cell. I can edit it and add inside them but they dontvshow outside cell.

15. Brett Lavallee

that sounds like a weird glitch or something. The inputs and outputs of core cells can’t be hidden in any way.

16. Vanhapolle

Even more when i do another core cell (what i can use solution partly) there seems no limit outputs/inputs.

17. Brett Lavallee

I would create a new forum post for this problem. It sounds like a glitch to me.

18. Vanhapolle

I try do. i do thread i hope someone sees it i mean someone who knows how solve. Somehow after making thread at least now works way what i expected.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021