Buy Maschine MK3 now or wait for a possible Studio MK2?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by j.silva, Sep 28, 2018.

1. j.silva

j.silva NI Product Owner

Any hints or rumors that a new Maschine Studio will be released in the (near) future? For some reason I think NI needs to have a direct competitor for Akai's MPC X at some point.

PS: Still rockin' the MK1. :eek:

2. SupremeSoulstice

SupremeSoulstice NI Product Owner

AKAI’s MPC X is the very least of their concerns right now.. just my opinion. It ain’t just the X. Folks don’t want to be tied down to software that’s subpar..

• Like Like x 3
  3. j.silva

j.silva NI Product Owner

I guess we will have to wait for 3.0 and see if it's a game changer or not. I mentioned the MPC X due to it's form factor and because it seems the Akai software has already become what the Maschine software should have been ages ago. A more or less all in one solution for recording including vocal tracks. Even FL Studio is a full featured DAW plus they got a legit controller now.

The new Maschine Studio should be the evolved MV-8000.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

My guess is that we won't see a studio mk2 soon and the mk3 is really cool so I would buy the mk3 now - or buy something used like an mk2 and save up and wait for the new Studio.

Uwe

• Like Like x 1
  5. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Yes next decade or after promises to be good though as we have seen promises don't count for an awful lot.......................:D

• Like Like x 3
  6. m-chop

m-chop NI Product Owner

I guess it would depend on your needs. The mk3 is a more modern studio... and good to carry around with it's small form factor. So I am guessing the the Studio will be completetly different from the MK3

• Like Like x 2
  7. j.silva

j.silva NI Product Owner

I do have the money for the MK3 right now. But I would gladly wait if I knew for sure there was a Studio 2 nearby. I was also thinking about getting an used Studio. Seen them for $300-$400 in great condition. I'm not a mobile producer or live performer, so the audio interface, strip etc don't appeal to me that much. The new bigger pads, touch encoders and more dedicated buttons are really nice tho.

8. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

You won’t find out until native officially releases one ,or if someone leaks info , which could be next week , month or year or never

• Like Like x 1
  9. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Like i said go with the mk3

Uwe

• Like Like x 2
  10. awol9000

awol9000 NI Product Owner

The Studio mk2 is coming in 2022 but you might want to wait because the mk3 will be released in 2027.:p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. machinesworkinghardforyou

machinesworkinghardforyou NI Product Owner

I'm jealous of the smaller form factor/better looks of the MK3, but I really use the upper right master,group,sound,cue volume LED and knob in Studio all the time, so I would go with the MK2 for cheap used!

12. J-Fly

J-Fly NI Product Owner

I still say it’s possible that the MK3 is the unofficial replacement for the Maschine Studio and is actually the Maschine Studio MK2 in disguise.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Yes I see it the same way

14. m-chop

m-chop NI Product Owner

Yesh for now.

15. District Onagi

District Onagi NI Product Owner

If that is the case then NI sucks. That would mean they have released FIVE controllers including the new flagship (Mk3 KK, KKmk2, JAM, , and Mikro) before fixing the Maschine Software. Not that releasing all of this hardware is so great to begin with, but the idea that NI would think it's just OK to release all of this and we still don't have improvements would be a joke.

To answer OP question, I agree that Mk2 might never come, it could come out next month or year. Mk3 is the Studio replacement so Studio Mk2 will be different and probably more feature laden.

• Like Like x 1
  16. tempsperdu

Native Instruments.....the future of laughing......................................

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. addhitman

addhitman NI Product Owner

To those of you that say “NI sucks”; what software and hardware have you released? ... chirp chirp chirp zzzzz... Thought so.
    So if NI sucks, what does that say about you? NI will never be perfectly customized for everyone. Feel free to leave any time. Overall, their products are amazing. Peace y’all.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. SupremeSoulstice

SupremeSoulstice NI Product Owner

That was very informative. Thanks for that light bulb moment.

• Funny Funny x 6
  19. tempsperdu

NI could be amazing but they aren't. If I performed as badly and deceitfully as NI do I really would expect to be pulled up about it but if you think repeatedly reneging on promises, not listening to its customers is OK then I'm pleased you're happy..................

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. addhitman

addhitman NI Product Owner

That was also very informative. Thanks for that additional light bulb moment.

• Funny Funny x 1