calibration issue

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by djgrandavenue, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djgrandavenue

djgrandavenue New Member

control vinyl not calibrating..all my wires are correct..my audio 8 is on the correct setting...i used brand new needles but the vinyl will not calibrate...i tried decreasing the latency but nothing seems to work...is there anything else that could be causing this problem?

2. serafinthedj

serafinthedj Forum Member

check what mode you are in?

3. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Be a bit more specific with your problem.

Is it sitting at Waiting.... status or do both decks read Off?

4. djgrandavenue

djgrandavenue New Member

i'm in the correct mode

5. djgrandavenue

djgrandavenue New Member

i have both decks wired properly but when i click "A" for the left turntable the white lines come up as it tries to calibrate but it always says "calibration failed relative mode only"...same thing for letter B (second turntable)

6. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

and how does the scope look?

7. djgrandavenue

djgrandavenue New Member

i don't have any pictures but the scopes look like two wavy-line boxes that vibrate. not sure if that helps any

8. DJ Freshfluke

i'm out for holidays now and cant help during the next days, but i would say there is a channel missing, the wrong input mode chosen or the cables wired wrong.

sadly, you're a bit small with explanations. it's hard to help if you have to pull out every bit of information out of you instead of giving as much info as possible.

anyways, please contact the support if the problem persists.

9. mfshva

mfshva NI Product Owner

its important to use the Multicore Cables i also get this error when i try to use normal rca cables or plug the turntables direct in the audio8 , so please use the multicores

10. djgrandavenue

djgrandavenue New Member

what more info do u need?...i have the unit wired properly because its damn near impossible to mess it up...im the proper timecode vinyl setting..what else do u need?

11. djgrandavenue

djgrandavenue New Member

im using the multicore cables..anything else it could be?

12. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

How does your setup sound when playing regular records through the phono inputs (all plugged into the multicore of course)? You've likely already covered it but I had this problem when I first set up. My problem was, silly as it sounds, that I didn't have my carts screwed in tight, and being ortofons they have those short contacts. I ended up missing a channel on each deck. Once tightened the problem didn't resurface.

13. djgrandavenue

djgrandavenue New Member

good thought...but yeah they're all tight...the sound is clear as it should be...i can still mix on relative mode just can't scratch like i want to...and thats the main reason why i got this program...its not lookin good for me

14. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

Have you tried a different cartridge altogether? What carts are you using?

15. djgrandavenue

djgrandavenue New Member

i thought that might be it at first cuz i was using a worn M44-7...so i switched to a brand new M44-7..no good then new whitelabel...no good..then new ortofon dj s...still no good so its definitely not the carts...we might be running out of options here..you think?

16. vakus

vakus New Member

the calibration issue that traktor was only playing in relative mode happened to me because my rca cables were giving some interference and that was making the traktor software not read the timecode cds correctly. hope that helps some...

17. mikim76

mikim76 New Member

Hey everyone,
    I appear to have the same issue here. Just bought TS and calibration on my A deck fails, only works on relative. Fine on B. Switched TTs and it appears my the TT that was on B does not get the proper calibration when on A. I know my setup is fine, have read all about the issue up here and checked the setup again accordingly. I suspect it comes from the Audio 8 but would like to have confirmation. No issues with my carts. djgrandeavenue, did you get any other advice on this one? vakus, did you just change your TT's RCA cables?
    Thanks for your feedback

18. DJ Freshfluke

mikim,

how exactly did you change your turntable? did you change it completely with needle and multicore cables? did you leave the multicore cables but switched the turntables?

@ djgrandavenue:
    still, a picture would be good. also, i'm really suspicious, when somebody refuses to double check the connections. we already had this ocurring a dozen times that in the end some cable was mixed up or the input mode was *magically* changed... ;)

anyways, you should contact support on that.

19. mikim76

mikim76 New Member

Hi Native Girl and thanks for your answer.

I simply switched TTs. The connection remained the exact same and simply plugged in TT A (left) onto B's (right) connections and vice versa to simply make sure this would not come from the TT itself. I indeed left the multicore cables as they were. Since it worked fine for previously-A-newly-B, it rules out the TT as the source of the issue, as well as it rules out the needles and the records (switched time and again). The TT newly plugged as A got me the exact same "Calibration failed..." signal. The newly-B one works just fine and the calibration signal is right, just the same as it was with the originial setup (on the previously-B TT).
    Just so it is as clear as possible to you, I have checked the connections a thousand times and they are consistent from one to the other (in terms of which cable in which mixer's RCA connection).
    Hope that answers your question and helps in helping me and others as well. Many thanks in advance.

20. DJ Freshfluke

ok,

then we have left the multicore cables and the audio 8 itself.
    switch the audio 8 cables and see if the problem persists.

in any case, you should contact support, this is a support case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.