1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

calibration issue

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by djgrandavenue, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimjim1983

jimjim1983 Forum Member

Ok, update installed but still the same problems.

2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

the wiring is wrong.

put:

turntable into player TT/CD
    mixer tt/cd into PHONO!
    mixer/line into the CD input.

put the phono/ line switch on the back of the mixer on PHONO.
    put the cd/line1 resp. phono1 switch on top of the mixer on CD.

3. buenputter

buenputter NI Product Owner

You're right. I just focused on the line out of TS. But this one should work when Phono/Line set to line, shouldn't it?

4. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

nope, because you should put the phono cable into a phono input.
    the switch would only switch the phono/line on that channel, but not in the way as the *normal* ph/line switch would do that.

*that* switch would be the switch on top of the mixer (called CD/phono-line).
    it has to be set on CD.

check the picture below, then you'll get me. ;)

the problem is that this particular mixer shares inputs for different level devices on that one channel. never seen it like that on a mixer, quite irritating.

Attached Files:

5. buenputter

I agree with you, this one's really strange... especially for the guys like me using 8 line club-mixers.

Just thought that if he plugs the "Mixer line in" of the multicore-cable in the "phono/line" of the mixer and switches this one to "Line" and chose the correct channel option on the top of the mixer (as I asked in a former posting), he should be able to listen to the TS-line out, too.
    (I know that he won't be able to play real vinyl then.)

6. jimjim1983

jimjim1983 Forum Member

thank you very much! will try this out right now.

7. jimjim1983

jimjim1983 Forum Member

ok I did it exactly as you said. but now I don't have any sound at all except for the needle :confused: and I get another error message in traktor:
    "Unkown medium.
    Calib.failed
    Wrong in mode"

8. jimjim1983

jimjim1983 Forum Member

when I try this it does recognize the medium in traktor but I get a "calib.failed" message

9. buenputter

You should not get a line out coming from TS, but you should at least get the humming Timecode-sound if switching to phono (on the back and the top of the mixer) or the sound of a real vinyl.

Wrong input mode sounds like if the Audio8DJ is not in Timecode Vinyl-mode, but in timecode CD/line-mode or even in Phono-mode.

________

I watched again the picture of the timecode-scopes you posted. If you get it back like that you should not be able to scratch, but to playback sound from TS. The waveform shows that a track is playing as well.

So if you can get it back like this, the sound will leave TS via the A8DJ and you can work on the routing of the sound on your mixer.

Sorry to ask this: the rca-cable on the left is leading to your amplifier? The amplifier is switched on and the loudspeakers are connected? Sorry, I am just wandering why there isn't any sound at all.

_______

You can playback real vinyl by directly connecting your TTs to your mixer?

10. jimjim1983

jimjim1983 Forum Member

yes the amplifier is turned on ;) I did make that mistake when I first installed it :D
    And I do hear the humming of the needle.

11. buenputter

O.K., but you just hear the humming of the needle and not the timecode-signal out of the speakers, correct?

Can you playback real vinyl or just the timecode-vinyl by directly connecting the TT to the mixer? (That was the way I could find out that one of my TT-RCAs was broken.)

12. jimjim1983

jimjim1983 Forum Member

yes, I can play vinyl when I directly connect it to the mixer.
    and I did hear the timecode signal out of the speakers yesterday, I'm not sure if it was with the setup you suggested though :eek:

13. jimjim1983

jimjim1983 Forum Member

I do get sound when I put the switch on top of my mixer to CD instead of phono/line. switching between phono and line on the back of my mixer doesn't make any difference.
    that's weird right?

14. buenputter

That's weird indeed!
    What sound do you get? The Timecode-humming or music?

@ setup:
    You should use the tipps Native_Girl provided. This way you will be able to play TS + real Vinyl.

15. jimjim1983

jimjim1983 Forum Member

the music! when I switch to phono/line I hear the humming.

16. buenputter

That is what is supposed to be.

Therefore, everything is fine now?

17. jimjim1983

jimjim1983 Forum Member

as far as the sound concerns yes, but the calibration is still wrong, the slightest bump or dust will make it play backwards.

18. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Actually do this,

Connect the Player TT/CD cables to your turntables of course.

Connect the Mixer TT/CD cables to the Phono/Line channels. Leave the switch set to Phono.

Connect the Mixer Line In cables to the CD channels.

Now, when you want to spin with TS switch the channel uptop to CD.

When you want to play regular vinyl, switch it to Phono.

Also, if you're not going to be playing regular vinyl you can just connect the Mixer Line In cables to the to CD channels.

If you switch the Phono to Line on the back, you could also connect Mixer Line In to those channels instead as well.

Keep in mind with 1.1, without having the Mixer TT/CD cables connected you can still play regular vinyl by using the Switch Input function.

19. jimjim1983

jimjim1983 Forum Member

that's exactly how I got it now, but I still have calibration issues. maybe I haven't set up my TT's right?

20. jimjim1983

jimjim1983 Forum Member

:eek: :eek:
    the needlepressure or whatever you may call it wasn't right, a friend just told me. everything's working now. thanks for all the help people :D
    the timecode now looks like this:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.