1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

CALIBRATION, lost the circle (pics)

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by serafinthedj, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. serafinthedj

serafinthedj Forum Member

ok, this happen last friday...
    it will calibrate, but the circles are not as good...as you can see, and it tend to go backwards sometimes..( waveform ) real trippy.

and then today, I, lost the circles on the tack B
    but it still calibrated...

its not tracking well...but it'll do ( exept the backwards thing )

what is goin on...?

please help

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/djserafin/calibration.jpg

2. mfshva

mfshva NI Product Owner

the same happen to me since the last week and i have written to support because i think the Audio8 is defect or better there Phono-inputs with LineIn and a LineTurntable it works perfect

3. serafinthedj

line turntable?

come again..?

are they fixing this, is there another thread that i can look at?

4. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

Vinyl? CD? What are you using?

5. serafinthedj

vinyl...
    and I tried using brand spanking new vinyl..same !

6. serafinthedj

vinyl...
    and I tried using brand spanking new vinyl..same !

never had this problem, and I've had this program before may 1st.

work flawlessly...

now, its embarassing while serato stays consistent...

i hate hearing I told you so... at work .:(

7. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

so you're saying in SSL you get a good control signal picture and in TS not?

i'm asking because from the picture it's more likely that there's something with the stylus (dust, burnt etc.) or tonearm weight is too light.

8. 2manyTHRILLS

2manyTHRILLS Forum Member

Evening all,

I have quite a similar scenario but for me both signal circles on deck A and B are a blurry mess. I have Stanton 505 run-of-the-mill needles which are, I must admit, about 7 years old but are both clean and play vinyl well. Both decks collaborate ok and play fine, but I will say that every time the needle is put on the record, for a split second the word SKIPPING! comes up under the deck information then goes away again :confused: !

Anyone possibly have any input on this? I will see if I can lend another set of needles to rule out any problems being with them. Also, I presume that no damage will be occurred to the audio-8 unit if used when such signals are running through it?

Find attached images for tracking on needle up and down….

Needle Down.JPG

Needle Up.JPG

9. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

You're gonna hate me for saying this...but um, ground your turntables? That's the type of feedback signal you receive in your scope when a turntable isn't grounded properly.

10. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

I definitely have to agree with this. I have run into my scope looking like that, simply cleaned the stylus and things were fine. Have you tried different cartridges?

11. 2manyTHRILLS

I thought it might be the ground but have had the ground-cable from my 1210's connected to both my nuo 4 and audio 8’s ground-connectors but both with no joy! Ill check to see if the 6 socket adapter im connecting all my gear too is interfering with any of it and also check a different set of needles.

Im I correct in thinking that using traktor scratch in this condition will not damage any of my gear (its mainly the audio-8 im worried about to be honest)?

Cheers

Il report back with my findings...

12. serafinthedj

clean , brand new needles...and dunno if you got the the first post...

turntable B is running...and the scope is not there...and last night both scope are out...

...and they're are weighted popperly...I never changed my first set up, sinced I got it..my tables..and evrything else stays exactly the same...and yes, I tried brand bew vinyl also..

I dont know what else to try to troubleshoot..it is a calibration (tracking ) issue..:angry: :(

13. KLUBBA

KLUBBA NI Product Owner

in my experience, many many djs do NOT know how to setup their TT's properly.

either for Scratching or or Beatmixing

3 main points.

1. Platter at the correct height in relation to the tonearm
    2. the correct counterweight setting suitable for the cartridge and needle type used.
    3.correct adjustment of the needle and tracking set to lock at the correct weight setting.

if anybody wants a step thru.
    Please at least know the correct and recommneded tracking/weight setting for your cartridge and needle, and I will step them thru for their specific decks and cartridge

Never mind taking into consideration burned/worn needles

needles need to be replaced as often as you would oil in your car. costly but part of the job specs

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  14. DJ Freshfluke

please make sure you're in the right mode...
    on the audio 8 with vinyl it's timecode vinyl mode, with CDs it's timecode CD mode.

using the wrong mode can lead to errors like this, too.

if that's not the case please contact support on that and include what you've already tried etc.

15. mfshva

mfshva NI Product Owner

The pictures show the same problem i have had with TS , i have contacted support and thinked my Audio8 phonoinputs are defected.

Now i have sold traktor scratch so no more problems like this

16. Super C

Super C NI Product Owner

i will add my experience to this. i used TS for about a week no problems. then started to get calibration errors on left side using cd's or vinyl.

went through the process of elimination to find the problem.

ended up being the audio 8.

it was a stressful experience trying to find the problem

its not a sophisticated bit of equipment so i was wondering what have i possibly done wrong for it to still not be working properly.

don't rule out the audio 8 as the problem.

17. DJ Freshfluke

true, but before sending in equipment, one should rule out everything else before ;)

18. serafinthedj

oh no...

so, the audio 8 is defective?

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

19. serafinthedj

is there a recall happening soon?

20. 2manyTHRILLS

Evening all,

Ok after a weekend of playing around with my set-up I finally located the problem. It was basically because instead of using the provided multi-core cables, I had connected each 1210 TT to the IN's on the Audio-8 and then connected each OUT on the Audio-8 to the LINE inputs on my mixer with new smaller phono cables. This worked fine but produced the poor tracking signal as shown in the previous post. When I re-connected the multi-core cables, I immediately got a better signal as shown bellow (top picture). The only difference in having the multi-core cables in from the smaller phono ones was the two Mixer TT/CD cables going into the PHONO inputs on my mixer which I thought would not of made any difference as I am mixing with time-coded vinyl!

Im i correct in thinking that the Mixer TT/CD cables should only be connected to your mixer if you are mixing with time-coded cd's and should not affect the tracking signal for time-coded vinyl?

If i continue to use the smaller phono cables that produce a poor signal, will this damage the audio-8 unit? I very much doubt it!

Apologies if the answers to what I am doing/saying here is wrong, obvious or covered in the manual. I have came from using FS2 with Traktor 3.2 and so skipped reading the manual as 90% of TS is the same as my old set-up. Just before anyone asks, I bought the smaller cables because im quite restricted on space with my set-up.

Also, when the needle touches down on each deck does anyone get the message !SKIPPING! appear for a split second then disappears? (bottom picture).

If there is an obvious answer for both these queries then great but if not then ill contact NI support.

Cheers ppl, really appreciate the help.
    far.far..far...2many ;)

Needle-Down-New.JPG

Skipping.JPG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.