1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

CALIBRATION, lost the circle (pics)

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by serafinthedj, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

Well, Super C's was.

So far there is no indication that all or most A8DJs are defective. Some are. Unfortunately that is the nature of any hardware.

2. serafinthedj

serafinthedj Forum Member

....connecting the phono cables to the phono in..is just like the thru in fs 2 ...I dont think that should affect any tracking issue.
    I would think , pluggin in the 12's direst would get a better signal, ( hence, direct plug in.);) ..the first month I never had this problem. and I plug my 12's direct to the A8 and outs to my line in ( mixer )..everything was fine..

btw, what new smaller phono cables?
    is that from NI?

behind things here:) ...also, I do get that skipping...but it goes away..that only problem I have now.. is I DONT HAVE MY SCOPES....haha ..everything works...but no scopes...

3. 2manyTHRILLS

2manyTHRILLS Forum Member

The smaller cables I bought were your run of the mill gold rca to rca phono cables.

Quick question, do all the Audio-8 units have there phono inputs/outputs semi-sunken? Mine are and I think its quite a poor design as some rca plugs dont fit all the way down because the plastic collar comes to the end of the outer ring and prevents the ring from going all the way down the audio8s phon plug (hope that makes sense).

These rca plugs will fit nicely as the plastic collar wont restrict the outer ring from going into the audio 8.
    http://www.polderbits.com/RCA.jpg

These plastic collars come to the end of the outer ring and so wont allow the ring to fit into the audio8 unit.
    http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1050072/2/istockphoto_1050072_rca_plugs.jpg

4. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

i agree 100% and already complained about it during the betatest, when the multicore cables werent arrived yet. my turntable cables dont fit also, e.g.

i think if there will ever be an A8 update, this will be considered, but dont expect this to happen soon.

5. 2manyTHRILLS

To be honest im fine with this and wouldnt expect too many people complaining, just cant think of any reasons why NI would choose to sink them thats all.

Anyway back to my original questions:

Im i correct in thinking that the Mixer TT/CD cables should only be connected to your mixer if you are mixing with time-coded cd's and should not affect the tracking signal for time-coded vinyl?

If i continue to use the smaller phono cables that produce a poor signal, will this damage the audio-8 unit? I very much doubt it!

6. AudioRapture

Have a look at this thread and feel free to add:
    http://www.nativeinstruments.de/forum_us/showthread.php?t=50346

7. serafinthedj

serafinthedj Forum Member

:D :D :D :D here we go..

I bought these today ,
    http://www.audiogear.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?key=Adpt-RcfRcmRtG&preadd=action
    1 long and 1 short per channel..

because , everybody knows...why did NI made the rca flushed..

now I can plug my TurnTables...all the way in...:D :D
    http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/djserafin/100_0549.jpg
    http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/djserafin/100_0551.jpg

see picture...problem solved...wheeeeeeeeew:lol:

thanks everybody

Attached Files:

8. djgrandavenue

djgrandavenue New Member

is there any tests to determine whether or not the audio 8 is bad

9. mfshva

mfshva NI Product Owner

its not the audio8 , the problem´s come from the fu..ing half sunk RCA plug-s on it, i hope NI will make a Hardware Revision anytime soon

10. AudioRapture

Isn't that what the multi-core cables are for? One can always try to use a product as intended?

11. mfshva

mfshva NI Product Owner

yes the multicores work but i can not take this huge monstercables to any club where i have a gig. I think it´s very terrible to can only use traktor scratch without small normal rca cables :(

12. 2manyTHRILLS

Very true, the mutli-core cables are very un-practical when put in practise. I imagine they work a treat in your bedroom but not when your crammed into a small dj booth!

Im I the only person that experiences blurry calibration circles when the Mixer TT/CD cables are un-plugged when using Turntables?

13. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

they're exactly made for small boothes...

you can easily put the audio 8 on either the left or the right side of the turntables.

with the scratchamp in ancient FS2 times i had often the problem with shortened turntable cables or kable tunnels etc.

14. 2manyTHRILLS

I dont like to bad-mouth NI products so il take back what what I said about the multi-core cables being un-practical. I just find it easier to use 2* 1 metre rca cables but when I do get blurry calibration circles :( (I imagine your sick of me saying this by now)! I have confidence though the problem will be resolved soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.