1. Hi everyone,

This forum is now closed for posting! If you require technical support from NI or have a questions about activating your product, please head over to our new Support Community!

NATIVE INSTRUMENT SUPPORT COMMUNITY

The Support Community is the new location where you can expect to receive assistance and feedback on technical support, sales or installation issues from our Support Agents and other users.

Please also note, questions about the status of an order should always be directly sent to our Order Support team HERE.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

2. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Can I install ONLY the AU plugins for Komplete?

Discussion in 'Product Installation and Activation (Archive)' started by macronencer, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macronencer

macronencer New Member

I asked this in a support ticket, but I've had no response for days now :( so I'm wondering whether some kind person can help me out please?

I installed Komplete 6 months ago on my Mac Pro, to use with Cubase. Like a fool, I did a custom install and disabled the installation of AU plugins, because Cubase uses VST.

Now... yes, you guessed it! I need AU plugins. I'm using VE Pro as a host, and this does not support VST.

So, I was hoping I could run the installer again and say "only install AU plugins". Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be an option, and I'm a bit scared of doing a fresh install, since I'm in the middle of a bunch of projects and I don't want any unforeseen disruption.

So, does anyone know? Is it possible to download the AU plugins from somewhere and just install them? Ideally I'd like to have all of them (Battery, Absynth etc.) but to be honest the most VITAL one is for Kontakt, as I'm writing film music and mainly use orchestral sample instruments.

Thanks very much to anyone who can help out!

2. Stephan @ NI

Stephan @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hello,

to get the AU plugins installed, run the latest *update* installers for each product. You can download these from our homepage:

https://www.native-instruments.com/?id=updates

For FM8 no update will be available if you have installed this through Komplete 6. In this case run the Komplete 6 installer, and customize your installation:

install the components:
    FM8

AudioUnit plug-ins
    VST plug-ins

Be sure to uncheck the Sample Libraries of Kontakt and Battery.

3. macronencer

macronencer New Member

Hi Stephan - thank you, that's great information! I've already sorted out the main issue by installing Kontakt updates and including the AU plugins, but I haven't got around to FM8, Massive etc. because I don't use them much. So, I've made a note of this - thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.