Can Kompakt load Battery Kits?

Discussion in 'KOMPAKT' started by azapit, Jul 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azapit

azapit NI Product Owner

I am very tempted to get Kompakt, and since Battery is not available for OS X yet, I was hoping that it loaded Battery kits. If it does, then does it bring in all the velocity layers and does it allow you to send individual instruments to seperate outs?

If so, then I can get my drums back and get a great Rompler to boot!

2. azapit

azapit NI Product Owner

Duh... should have looked more...

Oops... found out that it CAN load Battery kits. The sampler comparison chart states that Kompakt can load Battery kits! WooHoo! Off I go to my local store for my copy of Kompakt...

Hats off to NI for another great product!

3. Silent223

Silent223 Forum Member

wow you have a store nearby that sells kompakt?? in a box????

dang... where do you live!

lol

4. azapit

azapit NI Product Owner

Damn... I spoke too soon!

I went to my local Guitar Center and they didn't have it... they said it was listed in their computers but they didn't know when it could come in... and also that only certain Guitar Center stores would even carry it!

Just another reason why it sucks to live in the smallest state in the USA!

Damn my over-optimism! Looks like I have to order it online... (or just wait until Kontakt comes out for OS X!)

5. azapit

azapit NI Product Owner

No KOMPAKT for Me!

Oh... well, I just saw the release schedule for OS X compatability... 9/2003! Also, Kontakt's schedule slipped to 9/2003 too... Great... I'm not waiting around... going to pick up SampleTank XL now...

Oh, and NI, maybe you should consider the OS X interfaces higher priority on the Mac than OS 9... have the OS X versions out first, with a later release of the OS 9 version... write for the OS that has a strong future, and not an old legacy product that all new Mac's can't even run.

6. T.O.M.

T.O.M. NI Product Owner

sample tank

Sampletank vs any N.I. software = no competition. Just listen to the demos.

7. Z

Z NI Product Owner

I purchased Kompakt Tuesday at a store in downtown Oslo, Norway. Okay so it was the same day they got Kompakt and they only had one copy of it, but still...

8. martinaune

martinaune Forum Member

Re: Duh... should have looked more...

I am sorry to correct you, Kompakt can´t import Battery kits. We have changed the specifications some weeks ago, but somehow the sampler comparison chart has not been updated correctly. The specifications on all other places are correct.
    The reason why Kompakt does not import Battery is that it does not have features that are needed for Battery kits (DBD envelope, lofi effect, etc.).
    These features are part of Intakt and therefore Intakt will be able to import Battery files.

Sorry for this. I hope you can stop your order in case you don´t need Kompakt anymore.

Best regards,

Martin

9. Rainman

Rainman NI Product Owner

Sampletank vs any N.I. software = no competition. Just listen to the demos.

As an owner of Kontakt, Battery, B4 and SampleTank, I'd have to disagree with this statement. I listen to demos of software any time I get an opportunity before buying. Both companies posted decent demos, but I've got to say that the samples that shipped with Kontakt were.......well less than useable for the most part, extremely sterile. SampleTank on the other hand had me using it for composition right away.

I'm not saying one program is any better or worse than the other, but comments like the one nerve made is mostly hot air, I doubt that he owns any of these programs or even had an opportunity of working with them. Do like I did, get both, Kontakt (Kompakt) and SampleTank.

Regards
    Rainman

10. swiharta

swiharta NI Product Owner

Can Kompakt load the NI Studio Drums and Synthetic Drums Cd's though, since those are supposed to work with Kontakt and Battery, and Kompakt can load Kontakt files?

11. martinaune

martinaune Forum Member

Hi,

Kompakt can import the Synthetic Drums, but just the nki instruments that are included for Kontakt. The Studio Drums are only available as Battery kits and therefore you currently can´t load these into Kompakt. We might though post some nki-files for Kontakt user who own the Studio Drums. These would allow you to use the Studio Drums in Kompakt then.

12. mindnoise

mindnoise NI Product Owner

sampletank no thanks

I tried the demos and Free versioon of sample tank, has some nice FX BUT Sampletank uses its OWN Sampleformat, what is an other format to keep track with,
    YES you can import AIFF/WAV with the way to expensive XL version.
    plus none of the FX has automation/or Midi CCs, which is big bad lowdown...
    in realation Money for Power NI wins clear (even Kompakt.
    Sampletank is some fun right out of the box, for the poor guys who (must) use
    prevaluated /preproduced kits/ensembles.

that´s perhaps my lonley opinion I want to express.
    best

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.