1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Can you install the Maschine software on 2 computers using 1 serial number?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Simon L, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon L

Simon L Forum Member

Hello, I've search but I can't find anything on this hence asking the question.

Basically I have a studio set-up and also a laptop setup for when I'm on the road and I was wondering if I can use the same serial number on both Macs (I know this is possible with Traktor Scratch as we have it set up that way). Can it be done with Maschine obviously only one would ever be used as any one time....

2. mistlabz

mistlabz Forum Member

I would like to know also

3. brolance

brolance NI Product Owner

yes you can install it on two computers, you own! I have it on my studio desktop and my laptop

4. Simon L

Simon L Forum Member

cool that is exactly what I want to do......thanks for the response. Is their anything specific you have to do to set it up like that?

5. TheArchitectBeats

TheArchitectBeats Forum Member

the second part to this is can you take away computers? I'm on a temporary laptop which I'm giving back in May if I uninstall the software could i install it on lets say another computer in a year?

6. Captain N

Captain N Forum Member

Yep you can. I installed my Maschine Software many times, for the first time i installed it on my old notebook with one core. Then i bought a new Laptop with 2 cores. I selled the old one, delete all old content from the notebook.

Then i saw the Cpu power was not enought. I selled my notebook again and bought a desktop pc with enough power for everything. I switched from Windows XP 32 bit to Windows 7 64bit.

I think i installed and reinstalled the maschine for 5 or 7 times in a very short time and it works very well the activation mechanism, the activation works also if you installed it parallel to 2 pcs.

I think the Maschine Controller is in abstract view the real copy protection ;), no one will use the Maschine software without the lovlyl controller and his very cool workflow.

I don't like online activation mechanism, but the way that ni goes is ok. They don't restrict the user to hard.

NI allowing the user to install their software often they will.

Thank you NI :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. brolance

brolance NI Product Owner

"no one will use the Maschine software without the lovlyl controller and his very cool workflow."

Thats been my thoughts all along as well

8. reverand

reverand Forum Member

Thanks all for the answer.

9. sleepydeedj

sleepydeedj Forum Member

Purchasing used Machine

I plan to buy a used Machine. Does the seller has to sign over the liscence? Is there something specifically I should ask for? I am new to this and would like some guidence.

10. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

make sure it is not an educational version.

the seller needs to inform NI of the transfer.

also the seller needs to send you the install disk as well as the Maschine Controller.

sowari

11. Andrew Koenig

Andrew Koenig NI Product Owner

What I don't understand is why NI doesn't explicitly allow Maschine to be installed on three machines the way they do with Komplete.

12. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

I imagine that it is because Komplete includes a lot of applications. Its totally feasible to want to use some of the applications on separate machines. I think its pretty reasonable to assume that a Komplete owner would have more than 2 machines.

Maschine is just one program. I cant see why anyone would need more than 2 installs at one time. There has to be a limit.

Thats just my guess.

Karlos

13. matteo.manzini

matteo.manzini Forum Member

Two laptops AND two NI users

Hi all,

I have a similar problem, which is installing Maschine on two laptops with one serial number, but details are different: second laptops is owned by the guy I'm working in studio with, and the first one is of course mine, so we are basically trying to install it on two different laptops and with two different NI users, do you know if this is permitted?

Thanks in advance.

M.

14. matteo.manzini

Just got the answer from NI support, NI user must sadly be the same for both installations :-/

M.

15. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Which is to be expected. The license is for you; not for you and somebody else.

ew

16. matteo.manzini

Well, not so expected, if we work in pairs and I own some machines and my mate own different machines it's honest to join things we fully paid, but that's only my opinion and it doesn't matter.

M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.