1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Cannot connect Apple Music library

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR DJ 2' started by _Adam, Apr 11, 2020.

1. _Adam

_Adam NI Product Owner

Hey guys,

I posted this question on the forum already but I cannot find that post.

I have Traktor DJ 2 on my iPad and I'm trying to connect my Apple Music library. I've done everything that I'm required to do, but the songs just don't show up.
    • I've enabled access to the music library in settings.
    • I've downloaded the songs in Apple Music so they're on the iPad
    I'm not sure what else to try?

2. GenErik

GenErik Active Member

Apple Music is not supported. Only tracks you have bought or ripped or imported yourself does.

3. _Adam

_Adam NI Product Owner

Then why is the option in the iPad app if it's not supported? I can select Apple Music from the library options. It shouldn't be there as an option if it's not supported.

4. GenErik

GenErik Active Member

OK, so this is on Apple. But you are confusing Music the application (nee iTunes) with Apple Music the streaming service.

5. GenErik

GenErik Active Member

It is indeed listed as just “Music” in the library list in Traktor DJ 2.

6. _Adam

_Adam NI Product Owner

Thanks GenErik

Semantics aside, I can see the Music app in the library list. I can see my playlists when I select it. I can see Analyzing: 0/109 at the bottom of the screen so something is happening but no music is showing. All I want to be able to do is play the music that I have paid for in Apple Music on Tracktor DJ.

If this is not possible then that's fine, but the fact I can select the Music app indicates to me that I must be able to do something with this library?

7. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

Yes, there you can find the songs that you've bought in the iTunes Store or that you've synced from your Mac/PC to your iPad. You cannot play songs from the Apple Music subscription service, because you do not own those songs and aren't legally allowed to play them in public.

8. GenErik

GenErik Active Member

You haven’t paid for any music in Apple Music. It’s a STREAMING service.

9. echopapa

echopapa New Member

You have to first download all the bought or ripped tracks that are in your playlists, Traktor cannot do this. As soon as they are physically located on your iPad, Traktor can read those files. Had the same "issue" and wondered whats going on, till I realized I never downloaded a single song on my iPad :)