Cannot save koresound that contain Absynth 5

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by p8guitar, Jan 17, 2014.

1. januarycivil

januarycivil NI Product Owner

Not specifically, but I have had to put things back together because of malfunctions numerous times. But I can because I'm actually paranoid and save everything, typically two and three version names.
    At the top level and every component of it as a .ksd. It used to be a big part of my life!

2. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

I'm not getting this problem but I'm still using 5.03 as my 'engine' and VST version, only the AU is 5.2.1, which I use when I want to play the newer NABS I hadn't converted to KSD versions (and I do get this problem with that). My Absynth standalone version is 5.2.1, as is the VST in my VST folder, only the engine is 5.0.3. So if you have 5.0.3 as your engine you should be able to save Absynth patches - the bummer here is that I can't convert NABS into KSDs any more.

I did experience it when I tried turning on the bypass button - that was a mistake as it also messed up opening things like Acoustic Refractions so I went back to running the engine version.

3. januarycivil

januarycivil NI Product Owner

Bypass the engine has proved to be something just not to do. But actually I replace the engine plugins with the actual plugins, first of all to be clear as to what's going on. I started doing that because of Reaktor back incompatibility, just a maddening situation somewhere back around 5.5.x or 5.6/ a show stopper here. It isn't recommended but I really don't care, I have my own special relationship with this mofo. :D

Right now, whether I open my koresounds using Absynth in Kore standalone, either 32 or 64, or either 32 or 64 in VE Pro, they work with Absynth 4.05 in the former and Absynth 5.1.1 in the latter. Knock on wood. I started to want to use the old things again, I had abandoned it for like 3 yrs.

4. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Yes I've always used the engine replacement trick with Reaktor, and recently with FM8 too because a longstanding bug got fixed. But both of those still play nicely with Kore, especially Reaktor as you can still batch import Reaktor snaps.

5. oodoodsiin

oodoodsiin NI Product Owner

**** me. it looks like Predator 2 won't let Kore 2 save a .ksd.
    it also gives the "Error loading Sound file" message
    and below that it shows the location and file name where the save was attempted.
    not cool.

oh but it does save as a performance sound. alright then.
    still, no preset import, that sucks. :(

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017