Can't get it to work

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by ANsley, Jan 19, 2020.

1. ANsley

ANsley New Member

windows 7 ( no, I am not changing it )
    ram: way more than enough
    settings: able to run programs way more powerful than an installer

I have been trying for hours, on my only day off this week to get my new maschine mk3 to work.
    I can not get past the registration/install process. I paid $700 for this thing new, and here it sits on a stupid one worded title screen, no response, nothing.

I have:
    restarted
    unisntalled
    reinstalled
    ran as administrator
    disconnected second monitor and restarted
    changed monitor settings and restarted
    attempted to register, but it does not go past the " searching for updates " screen
    can't get to the " wizzard " to even try it
    changed windows compatabillity settings to every possabillity to every question, and every combination

there is nothing wrong with my computer, or my internet. All I want to do, is get registered, get the software downloaded, and get the damn thing working! I have already wasted my entire day off trying, and dont get another day for another 6 days! I was looking forward to playing with my new toy, and have researched the forums for a good 2 hours in addition. everyone seems to have problems with maschine. If I do not get it working TONIGHT. I am returning it, and buying a simple 50 dollar m-audio...at least they work!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. ANsley

ANsley New Member

ALSO....no firewall, at all. I disabled it years ago to not have problems. other than to get software, this computer is not used on the internet, or connected.......ever

3. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

In my opinion you should consider the idea, but in the end I definitely agree: it should not matter.

That's not helping.

Bill Gates once agilely (?) said that "640kb should be enough for everyone". If you're asking for help don't rely on context or assumptions but be specific. For all I know you could consider 2Gb to be more than enough. Which, in a way, it is but still...

Which, once again, doesn't tell us squad.

Sorry to hear but.. why don't you share the exact error message you got? Why not tell us how you're trying to set this all up?

In the end all you're sharing here is "it doesn't work" yet that's by far enough to try and help you out to solve this thing.

Lets's start with: how are you exactly installing this?

(edit) And please: do take initiative to fill in the other blanks here. Seeking help is a 2 way street: asking for info and giving info which helps others to help you.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ANsley

ANsley New Member

With all due respect, Ive been doing this for many years and am already aware the pc is not the problem. However,
    It has 32 gigs of ram ( maxed out) are you going to say it's not enough? No
    I use Windows 7 as to this day, for my version of pro tools ( 12.5) it is the most stable Windows platform. I also have an Alienware laptop (only 16 gigs of ram) that runs the same version of pro tools on WIndoes 10, and it is nothing but crashes and problems on even the simplist, low track count, no plug-ins sessions. This furthers my point.
    " able to run programs more powerful than an Installer" I run 100 track count sessions, with nearly 200 plus plug-ins, and 8- 10 instances of bias Amp... Plus ez drummer flawlessly. I would say that's an impressive Machine wouldnt you? But for the sake of argument, let's call it "OK".
    I could go to a site, run a diagnostic, post 25 plus pages of diagnostics for you to view, which I was forced to do on the avid forums before getting any kind of answer, but as they all did, you will only conclude " it's not your computer" but we could go that route if you require evidence. I think the machine is amazing considering I don't even use a dsp accelerator either.
    Anyways, my problem ended up being difficulty getting everything I need from the NI downloads area. The downloads were painfully slow, corrupted, and wouldnt open. At this point it " works" technically speaking, but still having issues getting it to reco nze ez drummer. If I open pro tools, ez drummer is right there, and maschine will even play random voices of the kit. It's a start. But I can't get it to load an instance of ez drummer in the maschine software to use the Controller thingy to assign the voices. Maschine software can't even see ez drummer. I have tried creating a manual path to find it, no luck. It is as if ez drummer doesn't exist, when it does. I purchased this to use maschine to do my drum tracks, and simply print the Completed tracks, with my plug-ins already on them, to pro tools to help lower my plug-ins count in a session. I plan to do the same, if possible, with my guitar tracks as that Many instances of bias Amp is starting to bog things down.... It's a lot. So now, I am stuck on the ez drummer thing. It's a 64 bit version, so there being no bridge between 32/64 in maschine is not the problem.. Also, problem is not my computer. There seems to be very little to no Information on these forums to solve my issue. I'm tired, and have to give up as I go back to both jobs in a few hours. Don't k kw what I am missing here, but ez drummer.... No go.

5. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

EZ drummer works fine in Maschine, but considering your know it all arrogant attitude your on your own.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Steve Mosher

Steve Mosher NI Product Owner

So whats the problem? Without all the hype.

7. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

And once again no useful information has been shared. Now it even looks as if you don't actually have a problem at all, or are making up stories. For example: the installation procedure doesn't require multiple downloads from the NI download section on the website; it requires just 1 which is Native Access. The rest of the installation procedure is handled in there.

Alas, if EZDrummer doesn't work in Maschine... then maybe ask the EZDrummer developers for help? It's their product afterall, and Maschine has no issues with using VST's, so this shouldn't be any different. On that thought I kinda fail to understand why you'd even want to use this together with Maschine, considering the massive Maschine & Komplete libraries, but each to their own.

8. CH7

CH7 NI Product Owner

9. ANsley

ANsley New Member

The problem specifically, is that the maschine ( software, maschine 2 ) for some reason is not seeing EZ drummer. It is not a choice from the drop down menu. I can see my 400 plugins, I can see bias amp/bias fx, I can even see old M-audio stuff like Aresenal. No Ez Drummer.
    If I open pro tools, maschine will control EZ Drummer, I just cant create a template ( assign individual voices to each pad ).
    I had Great difficulty getting the software to begin with. There are 16 or so downloads on the page, so I am not sure why I am being told I only need one for full functionality ( several libraries are included with purchase. I do not know what additional information they want about my computer, as I have mentioned what is important. I have read several forums, from several manafacturers ( native instruments, toontrack, and even went to avid ). I can not find any information whatsoever on what is causing this.

10. ANsley

ANsley New Member

this was the first thing I did. The card that comes with it specifically says to go to " www.native-instruments.com/setup-maschine ". It brings you directly to the page you have shown here. even the signup process, was difficult. It would say my password was no good, when I had just chosen it. I couldn't log in on my computer, yet could on my phone. made no sense. It was about 2 hours later, after several password changes/resets, that it finally allowed me in from my computer. Then, as I tried to install the installer " native access " i would get a pulsating blue bar that went back and forth and it would be stuck there. the download itself was very small, yet an hour later the bar was still going. I had to ctr+alt+delete my way out of it, and when I went back, it said it was installed already. this issue, is also in your forums. if you attempt to exit the download, the site gives you a message saying you can't close the window until the download is complete, with no exit option. the tips and tricks did not cover my issues either. Thank you anyway for at least posting a solution attempt. these were the first steps I took and unfortunately for some reason it turned into hours of frustration.

11. ANsley

ANsley New Member

The complete installation does require multiple downlaods in fact. First, you need " native acsess ", then you need " maschine 2 ". in addition, there are roughly 14 other downloads to compled the included package such as blocks, essentials, ect ect. some are small in the MB's, a couble are a bit larger around 1.5 GB, though i do not consider that to even be that huge of a download.

I am aware the library has many sounds, I use EZ drummer for specific reasons. First, I create metal music, sometimes rock. Second, from my experience in owning a studio, and working in several, EZ drummer comes the closest to mic'd drums to my ears. I have recorded many drum setsm using neuman overheads, md421 on the toms, akgd114 on the kick ( inner ), a sub kick for outter, sure 57/condensor combo on the snare and several other mics. EZ drummer so far comes he closest...to my ears. EZ drummer also uses many of the same methods to get thier sounds to begin with. I route all my drums seperately so I can perform a good mix, and have a lot of control during the automation stage of mixing, use mostly either SSL or API channel strips on each track, ect ect. So far, EZD comes the closest to real sounding drums. This is based on real life, hands on experience. I understand that some people may feel different, but that is ok. WHen it comes to recording, it is all subjective, as I am sure you have your reasons for using what you use....it is what sounds good to you, and the producer, this is your choice.

12. BigPictureSound

BigPictureSound NI Product Owner

You’re trying to get new software to run on an old operating system. I am not sure what NI’s official support of it is, but you may want to verify before you return.

13. CH7

CH7 NI Product Owner

It seems to be you may have some old Native instruments software on your computer, possibly before the Native Access installer,
    in which case it maybe incompatible with the present setup. Check your installed programms listing. Check your 'startmenu' for a Native Instruments folder, check what programs are listed under that.

You mention your computer browser initially wouldn't allow you access, this could mean your browswer had an old password for the NI website, which was acting as a default password. In other words your email address might have already been used to register an accout with NI.

If you did have an old accout, try entering your email, with forgot password option to gain access Native Access.. just to see if it returns a link to upgrade the password, then try login with that new password.

If all else fails try registring with a different email address -- in short try thinking out side the box.

Try closing native access and launching again, without the option to update. If you have a hardware router/firewall, try removing that for now.

14. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Can't help much for windows since I am a mac guy but I just want to point out that Windows 7 is now legacy, it will not receive Security updates anymore and dangerous exploits have already been discovered and shared... I am not gonna tell someone else what to do but just make sure you understand the risks of sticking with a dead legacy OS.

15. CH7

CH7 NI Product Owner

Yeah, well anyone with any sense must know these 'exploits' in most cases are backdoors built into the OS for official use, they are only patched when 3rd parties discover them. I doubt the latest win 10 OS will be any different. Just look at the storm raging about Apple not allowing official access, eg backdoors and other exploits, into its OS. RIP Jobs.

[of course there's no accounting for the idiots with this level of access. In the old days they use to be actually smart, these days where its made all to easy, its anyone's guess...]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  16. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

If they're there or purpose or not idk, I am not an expert IT guy but win10 has regular security updates. I am seeing all the tech media advising against sticking with win7 so I just thought I would point it out since many musicians dont follow computer tech news. I am not even sure exploits apply to regular users or if they're more of a risk for servers/companies that have data worth beeing a target.