1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Can’t Load 3rd Party Presets\Patches

Discussion in 'MASSIVE' started by trench, Sep 6, 2011.

1. trench

trench New Member

I’ve had Massive installed on my desktop PC since last thanksgiving. I recently got a new laptop and loaded Massive on there as well, but have run into an issue. I have a bunch of presets I’ve made and tones of 3rd party presets\patches that will no longer load into massive (even patch packs sold by Native Instruments). I thought maybe it was because I didn’t update to the new version yet, so I did that but still have the same issue. I get an error saying something like “can’t open patches\file”.

I have pointed Massive to the folder with the presets in it, which is the same folder my VST’s are installed to. If I go to “open sound” and try to select one, that’s when I get the error. If I use the dropdown that shows all the patches, the ones I’m looking to use show up, but if I select them it takes a wile to load and then the patch doesn’t play correctly. They sound different or if I lay down some MIDI notes the sound is choppy (almost sidechainy).

Also, if I open Massive as a stand alone none of the patches even show up. This includes patch banks that are sold by Native Instrument.

Please help, I don’t want to have to make all of my patches again and not be able to use anyone else’s. I’m using Ableton Live 8.

2. xcelencia

xcelencia NI Product Owner

I'm having the same issue with this new 1.3 update, when I go to browser view my 3rd party sounds don't appear, the folders are there but the sounds dont show, but in standalone all my sounds appear and Im able to select them as well

3. trench

trench New Member

Yea, it’s starting to get very annoying. I have tones of patches\presets I’ve spent good money on that I can no longer use. Even the NI Massive add on packs don’t work. I uninstalled Massive and did a fresh reinstall to make sure I didn’t have a 32 bit version in a 64 bit folder or something like that… but still no luck. Now, after the fresh reinstall and update to 1.3 none of the 3rd party patches will even show up when I select “new sound” and attempt to look for them. The folders that the patches are in show up, but not the patches. All of my patches are placed in the Steinberg vst folder that the Massive vst is installed in.

Is there a fix for this issue, it’s driving me crazy.
    ---
    Also, when I try to send an email to NI Technical Support attempting to get help, I can’t seem to long in. It’s says only registered users can send a message requesting technical support. I’m assuming that the log-in they are requesting is the same log-in as I use for the native instruments service center software (which is the same email I used to purchase the product from them… but after entering that info it says its invalid or the password is wrong. Not sure why…. I guess I can try to send on through the service center once I get home today.

4. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

after updating to 1.3 you now need to import ksds.

look at the File dropdown, you should have the option to import a single ksds or do a batch conversion for a whole bunch of them.

sowari

5. trench

trench New Member

I hope that fix’s the issue. I’m gonna give it a shot as soon as I get home.

Did the latest update of Massive come with a list of all the changes and\or an updated manual? Or a PDF with an overview of any new functionality? I didn’t check my NI folder to see if it placed any new reading material in there. This new “future” is something everyone should be made aware of.

6. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

the details are in the updated manual.

sowari

7. Magiss

Magiss New Member

Massive presets

Hello I need your help. I bought NI Massive. I use it with fl studio. When I'm trying to load flp with massive preset. It can't load that preset. There is only basic untitled sound. Is it error? or I must to have got presets from the flp in my computer? can you help me please ;)