1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Can't loop within some songs

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by MichB, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MichB

MichB NI Product Owner

Hi,

I find I can't loop within some songs:- eg Seven Nation Army (White Stripes), Song 2 (Blur) and The Weekend (Michael Gray).

None have been beat gridded - is this the reason? I can see it for the first two tracks as they are both bands with real drummers, but not for the Michael Gray track as it must have been made on a computer. I have tried all the loop measures but the phrasing of the song seems weird and none seem to work for this track (it's a radio edit I have, thus no long drum intro/outro) which makes it impossible to mix into something else.

Bet it's something simple I'm not doing. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

MichB

2. istewart

istewart NI Product Owner

Although I can't say I'm 100% on this, I'm pretty sure songs need to have a beatgrid in order for looping to function. If they don't, how does the software know what a 16 beat loop is? In general, I have Traktor auto-beatgrid all my tracks and if I come across one that is particularly off I fix it manually, but Traktor usually does a pretty good job. Try adding a beatgrid and I bet that'll solve your problems.

Ian
    ___

3. crucial d

crucial d NI Product Owner

what is the time signature of the songs you are having problems with?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.